GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Super Moderator
22,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Images Of Refreshed 2024 Cadillac XT4 Leaked In China (cadillacsociety.com)
Alexandra Purcell
January 12, 2023

Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Cadillac Society has been keeping a very close eye on the development of refreshed 2024 Cadillac XT4. In June 2022, we spotted a prototype of the subcompact luxury crossover for the first time. Then in September, we spotted a more scantily clad prototype, giving us a general idea of the changes in store. Now, images of the crossover’s design have been leaked ahead of its reveal in China.

China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology website is responsible for the leaked images. The photos show off the vehicle’s exterior, confirming changes to its design, such as the new two-tiered lighting configuration out front. The existing running lights continue to bracket either side of the front fascia, but these are now joined by a set of horizontal daytime running lights. Meanwhile, the main headlamp cluster is placed just inside of the vertical lighting signature.

Beyond the lighting elements, the forthcoming 2024 Cadillac XT4 also features a more aggressive front grille, featuring larger grille openings and an elongated hood and bumper.

Continues at link

· Super Moderator
22,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing major as expected, though I'm really interested in the interior.

Didn't the Ministry of Industry and IT leak something else in the past year? Possibly Cadillac but might be Lincoln.

· Registered
What's new and upcoming...
15,773 Posts
That front just bothers me. It's so disjointed looking. And with the wheel wells black, it makes the tires look tiny.
I wonder if there's a black out rim option?

I think it's the interior where you'll see more improvements, with the digital screen, and other upgrades.
Dare I say this but it almost looks a bit squinty eyed now with those upper horizontal :unsure:marker:unsure: lights. And yes I know the real lights are the small round ones in that lower squared off area ;).

· Registered
1,789 Posts
I wonder what the squinting horizontal lamps do now. It looks as if it could only serve as a signal lamp. Before the signal was in combination with the vertical lamp, right? (Switchback) Anyhow, I thought this was a compact. Why does it say subcompact? Also, if this has the same engine, it’s not going to move sales numbers higher.

· Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,843 Posts
That front just bothers me. It's so disjointed looking. And with the wheel wells black, it makes the tires look tiny.
I wonder if there's a black out rim option?

I think it's the interior where you'll see more improvements, with the digital screen, and other upgrades.
The current XT4 has optional black wheels, I assume the updated one will as well. Yes there's some spy shots around of a new wide dash for the 2024:

It looks like the 2024 CT4/CT5 should also get the new dash.

I wonder what the squinting horizontal lamps do now. It looks as if it could only serve as a signal lamp. Before the signal was in combination with the vertical lamp, right? (Switchback) Anyhow, I thought this was a compact. Why does it say subcompact? Also, if this has the same engine, it’s not going to move sales numbers higher.
As you say it looks like the verticals will be the driving lights and the horizontals will be the blinkers...we'll know when we see 'em lit up I guess.

· Registered
642 Posts
Again GM Design uses the hackneyed headlights-in-front fenders look that apes a design element used by every Asian manufacturer. I guess that makes sense given the home market for this product is China. I hope GM moves away from this design element for North American products, it makes GM design look like a follower, not a leader.

· Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,843 Posts
Since someone mentioned it, why are all GM designs moving the headlamps lower and hiding them? Please Escalade don’t do it on the next one!
I was thinking about this the other day, the only practical reason I could think of is that lowering the headlights reduces glare. Many/most vehicles (US anyway) don't have fog lights, so lowering the headlights might help with that. Just a thought.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day, the only practical reason I could think of is that lowering the headlights reduces glare. Many/most vehicles (US anyway) don't have fog lights, so lowering the headlights might help with that. Just a thought.
You may be accurate. I don’t know who all noticed but once Chrysler moved to Stellantis, I see Jeeps and Dodges doing that thing where if they have fog lamps, they come on with the angle of the steering wheel or signal light. Meaning if you’re turning left it pops on on the Left side and pops on briefly on the right when the signal is on. I notice this on German cars the most. I don’t know why I’m being random and brought this up.

· Registered
762 Posts
You may be accurate. I don’t know who all noticed but once Chrysler moved to Stellantis, I see Jeeps and Dodges doing that thing where if they have fog lamps, they come on with the angle of the steering wheel or signal light. Meaning if you’re turning left it pops on on the Left side and pops on briefly on the right when the signal is on. I notice this on German cars the most. I don’t know why I’m being random and brought this up.
Known as ‘cornering lights’ (or lamps).
Apparently debuted on the 1962 Cadillac - well done, GM!
Not to be confused with the much earlier ‘turning headlights’ (or headlamps).

· Registered
What's new and upcoming...
15,773 Posts
Known as ‘cornering lights’ (or lamps).
Apparently debuted on the 1962 Cadillac - well done, GM!
Not to be confused with the much earlier ‘turning headlights’ (or headlamps).
Yes. The Cadillacs my parents owned in the 70's and 80's had them, quite nifty and useful I think.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts