GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Because of all the nonsense with the appearing, then disappearing, growing and then shrinking GM incentives I gave up trying to buy a new 2008 Lucerne. Iinstead I bought a new 2007 Lucerne CXL V-8. My selling dealer was Perrine Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Hummer in Cranbury, New Jersey. I have to say that I enjoyed my purchase with this dealer. The internet rep was extremely personable. Everybody else I dealt with there was very honest and professional. The vehicle was exactly as described, brand new with only 40 miles on the odometer. I took my wife and daughter along to pick up the car and we drove it home, enjoying the sight of the change of seasons that we are deprived of here in Florida.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I figured you were going to say Christmas Shopping (some girls in the office have been talking about it :rolleyes: ). I was going to say, I have another month and a half before I start. :D

But, congrats on the Lucerne! I also want to see some pics. :yup: Great cars, I love Buicks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congratulations on buying the Lucerne. From time to time I read some comments about Lucernes that are negative, but I drove one once and was 100% positive about the experience. Excellent quality, great ride and handling, and I think the styling makes it a beautiful car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Because of all the nonsense with the appearing, then disappearing, growing and then shrinking GM incentives I gave up trying to buy a new 2008 Lucerne. Iinstead I bought a new 2007 Lucerne CXL V-8. My selling dealer was Perrine Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Hummer in Cranbury, New Jersey. I have to say that I enjoyed my purchase with this dealer. The internet rep was extremely personable. Everybody else I dealt with there was very honest and professional. The vehicle was exactly as described, brand new with only 40 miles on the odometer. I took my wife and daughter along to pick up the car and we drove it home, enjoying the sight of the change of seasons that we are deprived of here in Florida.

Congratulations on your new Lucerne. They really are a nice car. And, you got the V8 to boot. What did your sale price wind up being?

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Congrats. I love my Buick. They are great vehicles.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats on your Light Quartz Lucerne.

From the title, I thought this was gonna be yet another negative post, but happy to see it wasn't.

I'm shocked there were 07's left! We've been outta 08's for 2 months.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Congrats on your Light Quartz Lucerne.

From the title, I thought this was gonna be yet another negative post, but happy to see it wasn't.

I'm shocked there were 07's left! We've been outta 08's for 2 months.

We've got about a half dozen 08s....sell 'em to you cheap!! We do have an 07 GMC 2500HD reg. cab 4x4 SLE...so if you know of anyone looking.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
We've got about a half dozen 08s....sell 'em to you cheap!! We do have an 07 GMC 2500HD reg. cab 4x4 SLE...so if you know of anyone looking.
Sounds like my dealer. They've cleaned out most of the stuff, but still have a glut of '08 Lucernes--and pretty well optioned & priced ones at that--that they CANNOT get rid of. They just sit there, despite advertising and very good salespeople.

As for 2007's, those do exist too, for sure. More dealers have some 2007 somethings than you'd think, as bizarre as it seems now.

Congrats, regardless, with your 2 year old new car!! The Lucerne is a big favorite of mine, and I'd be proud to have one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Re: I'm Done Shopping - full story

This stupid site is not allowing me to upload pictures, so unless somebody can help me there is no way I can get them up here.

In lieu of the photos, here is the full story.

Lured into showrooms in August by GM's Employee Pricing Scheme then in effect I thought I wanted a 2008 Lacrosse Super with a 5.3 liter V-8. I drove 3 of them at different dealers but did not really like them. Something did not seem right. The colors available were odd, red with a chocolate interior? I have never seen that. Touchhole brown? I don't think so. At one of the dealers (Schumacher Okeechobee, West Palm Beach, Florida) I noticed a 2007Lucerne CXL V-8, light quartz metallic with a titanium interior sad and lonely on their new car back lot. I drove it and decided to pursue one. Schumacher is a huge place that employs high pressure sales tactics with heavy duty psychological warfare and every trick in the book to pad the bottom line. The MSRP for their car was $32,800.00 and they were trying to pound me for $26,600.00, then $25,600.00. I went in there several times over a couple of months. Each time I told them I would go 30% off of MSRP but they acted like I descended from Mars and there was "no way" they could [translated: would] ever sell for that, blah blah blah.

I spoke to several other dealers here in Florida who had 2007's. Roger Dean Buick GMC in Fort Pierce had a 2007 Lucerne CXS in sharkskin but they were total jerks about it. The MSRP was $37K as I recall and the internet rep was just nasty. They wanted $30 grand and would not even negotiate. Meanwhile the car is sitting outside. I told them it is time for them to get reasonable and that it would start growing whiskers but apparently this had no effect on them. They are a disgusting dealer with a ratty facility.

I visited Lane Pontiac, Buick GMC in Melbourne, a very nice dealer with a personable lady internet rep. Their '07 CXL V-8 was white, with cocoa/cashmere interior, chrome grille and wheels, MSRP $33,100.00. They offered it to me for $24K and they would have been willing to reduce that probably to $23K but I hesitated because I have never owned a white car before.

I saw a 2007 CXS at Coggin Buick, Pontiac, GMC in Kissimmee but it had an odd color combination, sandstone with a black interior. That MSRP on that was $37K and they would have sold that one for $25K. I could not warm up to the color combination. This was a very nice dealer and their internet rep was a very nice young man, knowledgeable and personable.

The car I bought was MSRP $32,500 and the selling price was $21,700.00 plus tax and tag. This was a great deal. The car was delivered to the dealer in October 2006. I just got lucky because the planets all lined up and the dealer decided to let it go for a price I thought was reasonable. My GM card points basically took care of the tax and tag. The Perrine Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Hummer dealer in Cranbury, New Jersey has been in business since 1927 and after making this deal and going there I can see why. They have a lovely lady internet rep. who was straight up with me and helped me make this deal. the other folks there were consummate professionals. The car was exactly as described. We flew to Newark on Saturday and took a train to Princeton. The dealer sent somebody to pick us up at the train station and we did the paperwork and drove away.

We planned to drive to Hershey, Pennsylvania to see the Chocolate World. After entering Pennsylvania after driving for an hour we broke down, coasting into a turnpike rest stop. I saw transmission fluid hemorraging from the front. I called OnStar for assistance. It took a long time for a tow truck to come out, chiefly because there are only a few tow companies approved by the Turnpike Authority to do tows on the interstate. OnStar identified a local GM dealer and found us a hotel nearby. The car was towed to Lankford Buick, Pontiac, GMC in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania and we checked into a very nice Hampton Inn one mile away. Sunday we rented a car (ironically, an '09 Lucerne 3.9 V-6) and went to Chocolate World. On Monday morning I went to Lankford and they fixed the car very quickly. It turned out that the transmission cooler line had no clamp, an oversight at the factory. When the car got good and hot the line had just popped out. I was very satisfied with how OnStar handled this and the Lankford dealer was top notch. On Monday at around 10:30 A.M., we began driving to Florida from Pennsylvania. My wife and I took turns. The trip ended the next morning and was just over 1200 miles. The car performed flawlessly; it was powerful, quiet, and very comfortable and easy to drive. It also got around 25-26 MPG despite going at expressway speeds, 55-75 MPH. I think that despite breaking down we had a nice trip. OnStar was excellent and the dealer in Pennsylvania that did the repair was top notch.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
"invalid file" it still says. I am on photo bucket and nothing works!

Could I email these pictures to somebody who can post them? I have spent all night on this. I have tried a million ways to copy the link and t says invalid. What is a valid file? This is way beyond stupid. It is super aggravating and a total waste of time. How does anybody get any pictures up on this site?

·
Registered
8,971 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase!

You negotiated a little harder than I would. I don't want to get ripped off by the dealer, and I certainly wouldn't stand for aggressive sales tactics and rude treatment.

But the salesman has to earn a living too. 30% off MSRP is more than I would have pushed for.

Sunday we rented a car (ironically, an '09 Lucerne 3.9 V-6) and went to Chocolate World.
What did you think of the '09 3.9?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Congratulations on the purchase!

You negotiated a little harder than I would. I don't want to get ripped off by the dealer, and I certainly wouldn't stand for aggressive sales tactics and rude treatment.

But the salesman has to earn a living too. 30% off MSRP is more than I would have pushed for.

What did you think of the '09 3.9?
After driving my 4.6L V-8 Northstar, the 3.9 V-6 seemed noisy and strained to get the car going.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.