GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44,160 Posts
NOw that XLR is on its deathbed... Mercedes will take the stealth fighter look, upgrade it... and sell a bunch...

The car looks HOT!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOw that XLR is on its deathbed... Mercedes will take the stealth fighter look, upgrade it... and sell a bunch...

The car looks HOT!
totally agree. and this will look even better. with the gullwing doors...
i wonder though how the next XLR would have been. i heared rumors about some sketches and that it was awesome!

and about the stealth fighter look...the future Lamborghini will have that theme, too. the Reventon was only a prevew of what is about to come. the new LP560 already adopted some of those design cues, and the successor of the Murcielago is yet to come.

and Cadillac skipped the Cien. one of the biggest mistakes. not to mention the XLR II.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't like much present design of Mercedes cars. But this i like:)..if car will look close to this i will be amazed.
To bad cadillac doesn't have anything remotely similar to compete against this car.:(

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
R.I.P. XLR.......:cool:

Cadillac will be OWNED

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Well again I must say: "I told you so." I warned that Mercedes Benz would not be static and wait for any other manufacturer to pass them in technology, style, or performance. with GM's current financial restraints, I understand why they have given up on creating a State of the Art, 2 place Coupe (XLR). Five years ago, introducing the Cien would have been a coup, but today the bar has continued to be raised. Mercedes-Benz is the current "Standard of the World."

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Well again I must say: "I told you so." I warned that Mercedes Benz would not be static and wait for any other manufacturer to pass them in technology, style, or performance. with GM's current financial restraints, I understand why the have given up on creating a State of the Art, 2 place Coupe (XLR). Five years ago, introducing the Cien would have been a coup, but today the bar has continued to be raised. Mercedes-Benz is the current "Standard of the World."
I agree...had the Cien gone straight into production Cadillac would have had a true halo car vs. relying almost solely on the CTS and Escalade all this time.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts

The car looks HOT!
Uh-huh.

It's sad that the XLR 2.0 won't build on the original XLR in the same way that the CTS 2.0 built on the first generation in very appropriate, very substantive ways.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Uh-huh.

It's sad that the XLR 2.0 won't build on the original XLR in the same way that the CTS 2.0 built on the first generation in very appropriate, very substantive ways.
I'm still hoping there will be an awesome next generation XLR 2.0. Cadillac really needs an compeitive, range topping car like the XLR if they're expecting to be taken seriously in the luxury market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts