GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illustrated: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox

Following the leak of an extremely low-resolution image of the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox, our artist has created an illustration of the redesigned SUV. Not only is the new image easier on the eyes, but the restyled ‘ute is considerably better looking than its predecessor, too.

Code-named GMT172, the Equinox will have strong family ties to the Malibu and Traverse — Chevrolet’s signature cross-bar is prominent on the front grille.

Earlier spy shots gave us an idea of what to expect on the inside. Even at first glance, it’s clear that the Equinox’ interior will be getting a significant update over the current model’s. The interior looks quite upscale and even has a family resemblance to the recently unveiled Opel/Vauxhall Insignia. Twin-pod gauge clusters look to be the future of GM interiors.

Judging by how far along the interior looks, it would seem that the Equinox is nearing production readiness. With an on-sale date in the early part of 2009, look for GM to officially unveil the Equinox at one of the first U.S. auto shows of the season. Production starts in March of 2009 at the CAMI facility, with sales following shortly afterwards.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=6709&idg=1&idi=1

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Illustrations always look better than the real thing. I'll wait until I see the real thing...

5,934 Posts
I agree, I like the cripser lines. Looks like a starched shirt.

But isn't the Traverse going to replace the 'Nox?

·
Registered
113 Posts
No. Traverse doesn't really replace anything. IMO, the Equinox replaces the Trailblazer.
the traverse replaces the current trailblazer-and the equinox just gets updated. from what i've heard. thats what i thought that all the lambda were for. please feel free to correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Telling from the spy pics and sneak pics online, the lines are definitely more sharper than what we have seen so far. However, it still looks good.

·
Registered
505 Posts
nice, but still can't wait to see the GMC

·
Registered
64 Posts
the traverse replaces the current trailblazer-and the equinox just gets updated. from what i've heard. thats what i thought that all the lambda were for. please feel free to correct me if i am wrong
The Traverse replaces the Uplander as that is what crossovers are doing these days (replacing minivans) & also adding a new segment. Basically the market is going dead for traditional body on frame SUVs.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The Traverse replaces the Uplander as that is what crossovers are doing these days (replacing minivans) & also adding a new segment. Basically the market is going dead for traditional body on frame SUVs.
Disagree--while GM and others may think that, the Traverse is no replacement for a minivan. For GM not to somehow incorporate sliders on the Traverse was a huge mistake! They could have truly defined a new segment of minivan--one that looks like an SUV bit has the functional practicality of a minivan.

Its funny, because I thought the Traverse would have sliders since the 05 makeover of the minivans had them look more SUV-like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks awesome, but almost too big. It looks like its leaning more towards a trailblazer size than a Ford Escape..

Does anyone know when there killing the GM360's? I know sales have fallen, and are probably mainly fleet now, but they have just been dead weight with thier 6 year old exterior and interior.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Traverse replaces Tblazer EXT as well as Uplander
Nox replaces last Nox and standard Tblazer.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I think it looks great. But I'd be willing to bet it won't be quite and angular looking as depicted here as someone else on this page has already suggested. It will be more organic like it's big brother Traverse. I hope they are planning for a plug-in hybrid model like Saturn Vue.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think it looks great. But I'd be willing to bet it won't be quite and angular looking as depicted here as someone else on this page has already suggested. It will be more organic like it's big brother Traverse. I hope they are planning for a plug-in hybrid model like Saturn Vue.
Just curious...Please define "organic" with repect to cars or in this case, SUVs.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
looks good, but they need to fix the panel gaps at the A pillar and the hood; they're still using the same damn hood and the current model

1 - 20 of 46 Posts