GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,307 Posts
i don't think chevy will or should. When the first mustang came out so did the GTO, the GTO was not in the same category back then or now. Chevy fans had to wait 3 years until the '67 camaro/firebird came out. Now in 2004 the 40th anniversary of both the GTO and Mustang, and all new mustang has come out, so maybe in three years we will have a Camaro! :)

· Registered
1,307 Posts
adding to what i said before, before GM unveiled the '67 camaro automotive magazines were wild with speculation and crazy, way off concepts kinda like whats going on now. Maybe Chevy will use this story to promote the new camaro, that the camaro was a little late but it was better. A quote from a book i got about the camaro is from a magazine called car life, they were commenting about the prospective name of the car and they said,"it probably should be called the reluctant dragon. It has been reluctant to arrive, its creators seem reluctant to build it, and the parent division is reluctant to admit its own two-year delay in recongnizing ths spectacular segment of the automotive market." The camaro was unveiled on September 12, 1966. It would be cool if they unveiled the 40th anniversary edition on the same day. We can only hope. :unsure:

· Registered
1,307 Posts
chevy also doesn't need the gto, the mc is there midsize coupe and hopefully it will go rwd,V8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.