GM Inside News Forum banner

I wonder why...

4K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  Aprime 
The Vibe, while offering lots of cargo space, is in no way a truck or suv, it does not fit in w/ GMC. What it is, is a small and fun to drive 5-door, it is not a sports car but it has a sporty image(in GT trim), and promotes a sporty lifestyle w/ its versatility. IMO it fits better than any other car in Pontiacs line-up besides the Solstice and G8.

Did you actually sit in a new one? Although the layout's pretty sweet I don't understand some of the design decisions (love the seats, don't understand why they put a plastic cover for the front seat that folds but not the driver's, don't understand why there's a cloth trim on the front doors but not on the rear ones, hate the feel of the interior door handles (FLIMSY AS ****, it's one of the reasons I went with a premium Aveo over a base one)). Anyhow, hard plastics are now everywhere in any company's economy vehicle, whether they're properly executed or not is another story.

I was surprised pleasantly by the looks, but I have no idea how it drives.
Only the passenger seat has a plastic tray because you will never drive the car w/ the driver seat folded, and therefore don't need anything protecting the back of the driver seat, so having a seat back pocket is a better use of the space. It is also a great tray for holding a laptop or w/e else. My best guess as to why there is no cloth trim on the back doors is because when you have the seats folded down whatever you have stored in the back wont tear up or stain the cloth.

I don't mind Pontiac having a hatch at all, what I mind is Pontiac having a rebadged utilitarian Corolla.
I don't know why you would mind that, besides the supposedly evil association w/ Toyota, Pontiac gets a car with a history of great reliability they spent virtually no money or resources developing. But if you really feel that strongly about it, then tell Pontiac and GM how you feel by not buying one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.