GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...lot of other great cars I saw last night at the LA Auto Show. I love the new stuff that's coming out this year and next, from GM and a lot of other automakers.

I'd seen the GTO on a turntable before, but last night was the first time I was able to get up close and personal. I don't care what people say about its bland styling, it's growing on me, and it is a satisfying car to walk around and sit in. Even more satisfying to gaze under the hood and take a few deep breaths.

I want to drive one, really bad. I don't suppose I'll have the opportunity to do that anytime soon at the local Pontiac dealer, so I guess I'll have to try to weasel my way into another one of those GM driving events. B)

The GXP was also a more impressive car than I expected, although the Pontiac lady says it will be priced somewhere just short of $40K, which, to me, is hopelessly too high for this car.

Nonetheless, it sure looks pretty in real life. I've mentioned this before, but I think GM styling suffers from not being very photogenic. It happens a lot where I see some GM model illustrated in several photographs, then sort of shrug it off as not that interesting. Then, when I see it in real life, it suddenly becomes gorgeous and highly desirable.

I thought it might be a GM bias, but the same thing happens for a lot of other non-GM cars. As I mentioned in another topic, the Chrysler 300C totally blew me away even though I'd seen it a gazillion times in pictures.

Anyway, I think this bodes well for the new GTO and V8 Bonny.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I want a GTO to. i love the look and the power is perfect. the car is a little on the heavy side though. I still have yet to see one in person :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
You haven't seen one in person? Its beautiful. Thats a kodak moment right there. Kinda big and the tires are to small but it hot.They had a nice black one at the nassau coloseum and i couldnt stop looking at it. Funny because i kept telling the people who didnt know anything about it(i was pissed about that) the specs of it...i was like "HOW DONT YOU KNOW!!!" and the Grand prix looks pretty cool, better then last years....I cant wait. Seriously just sit there and thing about it, Think about when the xlr is going to be at dealerships(there at some already, but not here in NY :angry: arg), think about when you can buy the new corvette or the GTO...its gonna be great...i love the USA. Did you here about the apache that got shot down? thats awful. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
I work at a Pontiac dealership, We herd back when we ordered them that we would get them in December, well I waited all december for one to come in so I could fire it up and drive it a bit but it never happened. I can't wait to see one and sit in one. Too bad the first one we're suppose to get in was sold 6 months ago

·
Registered
441 Posts
Supergrobo82,
You say that you work in a Pontiac Dealership. I was just wondering (assuming that you're American), if there is any sign of the Pontiac Bonneville GXP yet at your dealership? Last thing I heard it was delayed to March production. Can you verify this? Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts