GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a base ’07 Grand Prix with alloy wheels and an ’08 Impala LS with steel wheels and wheel covers. I’ve upgraded the Impala with some SS trim such as the honeycomb upper and lower grilles, factory fog lights, honeycomb fog light bezels, SS rear spoiler (not the cheaper LT style) and I’ve swapped the wheels from the Grand Prix so now the Impala really looks great. Since I put the steel wheels on the Grand Prix I can’t just use the Impala wheel covers which would look stupid so I got a set of factory Grand Prix covers off Ebay. The problem is they won’t fit! If I bolt them up to the wheel, the valve stem would be covered by a spoke, not only that, the edge of the cover would ride ½ inch away from the edge of the wheel.

Note in the picture how on the Pontiac cover the valve stem cut out is pointing directly towards a lug nut cap while on the Chevy cover its pointing halfway in between two lug nut caps.

Any thoughts on what to do or what other Pontiac 16 inch wheel cover with a 115mm bolt circle would fit an Impala wheel? I still have the little Pontiac center caps and could possibly cut a hole in the Impala cover and glue them in.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts