GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waiting for a friends at the local grocery store parking lot so I could follow him and when I was pulling out of the parking lot a new G6 was pulling in... I did a double take, stopped and just had to stare at it for like 10 seconds (in the mean time my friend pulled away and I had to play catch up). It was totally worth it though and man did it look good! It was an off-white color, kinda creamy. I have a feeling I'm gonna be seeing more and more of these Pontiac beauties!!! :bounce:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Dang, if they are out on the road, they must be in dealers soon (if not already). I wish my dealer would get one, so I can drive it :D

Although, I find it hard to believe that they are being sold already. The major magazines have not even road tested it yet!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm wondering about that too, nsap. The only thing I can imagine is that they are being taken to dealers for familiarization. Although since the first sighting was around the Detroit area it makes sense that it has been spotted already.

Where did you see yours giagastormer?

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky@Jul 19 2004, 11:10 PM
I'm wondering about that too, nsap.  The only thing I can imagine is that they are being taken to dealers for familiarization.  Although since the first sighting was around the Detroit area it makes sense that it has been spotted already. 

Where did you see yours giagastormer?
Well I was going to Ohio to visit some family, I would sayI saw the G6 within a couple ours of Detroit. I see alot of cars around Michigan that arent even for sale yet, or supposed to be in dealerships for months. Back in January I saw a Dodge Magnum mule. Thats what I love about Michigan so much, even if you arent within an hour of Detroit you see alot of cool, not even on sale cars. I live about 45 minutes from Detroit, primarily because my father works there.

On a side note, while on the way back to Michigan there was this beautiful, burgendy 2004 Acura TL, wow is that a sharp looking car. It was next to us for about 5 min before it finally flew ahead. That is the first new TL I have seen up close, in my opinion the best looking *** car around.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They are not on sale yet - sometime in fall. I have seen three or four of them in the last couple of weeks (live in Detroit area). GM tried to get many of their new models into the hands of their employees before the two week shutdown - knowing that many employees would be driving on vacation and be able to log some miles on the cars and report back their experiences and any problems that may arise. Quite a few STSs around as well and I saw one SV6 that actually looked much better than I thought it would.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That's a really good testing strategy. And in the process you get onlookers interested in the car. I wish I was back in Chicago right now. I often see test vehicles around the city going through the trials of large city driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts