GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
VS is probably right, anyone who genuinely thinks that the Fairlane is passing the Porsche is either in denial or on drugs.

But it does remind me that some of those old boats can turn pretty hard before they fall over. Years ago I was doing a track day at a local racetrack in a twincam Honda Civic which was a pretty well sorted unit. On the track at the same time as me was a guy in an HQ racing Holden just like the one below. They race in a series here in Australia and are limited to Holdens built between 1971 and 1974 and run 202ci 6 cylinder motors with a 4 speed M21 gearbox.

The Civic would blow the HQ away in the straights and the HQ would catch in the corners - it was a bit scary seeing that grille in the mirror on a 30 degree angle through every corner !'

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
How do you know that the Ford didn't just pass the Porsche on the outside?
LOL. Good, Z28. :clap:

Reminds me of a Tom McCahill test, 1949 vs. 1969 Ford. Or something like that.

He had a young colleague drive the new car on the track, Uncle Tom drove the oldie.

Went something like this: "The kid was good. I had to pass him on the outside to go by him, which I did..." :drive:

Reactions: Z284ever

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Regardless, I bet the guy in the Ford is having more fun ! :D

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VS is probably right, anyone who genuinely thinks that the Fairlane is passing the Porsche is either in denial or on drugs.
That's the Falcon's big bro, the Galaxy. I suspect, (in my mind), that the Galaxy had to pass the slower 911 on the outside, and the torque of it's 427 broke it's rear tires loose on the pass. The Galaxy's driver is now gathering up the car as he is about to pass a limp wristed Ferrari in front of him.

Reactions: CurtisH

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
because like my mate said believing that a Galaxy can pass a Porsche on the outside means you're on great drugs ( can I have some?) or in denial

You do realize it's tongue in cheek....right?

Reactions: paul8488

·
Registered
21,333 Posts
LOL, :lmao: I see a lot of that around here...............

1 - 20 of 26 Posts