GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Hopefully the new mid engine corvette gets driven and is not one of those sports cars that sits in the garage as a collectible,

I believe that's the worst thing for any car....

The seals dry out etc.....I'm sure gm validates these cars for real use over 300k miles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could we still get a three-tier Corvette sub-division?
Corvette Zora: Mid-engine
Corvette Stingray: Front-engine
Corvette Manta Ray: Miata type entry level (a cousin to the possible Opel GT concept)
No Manta Ray. Remember the Kappa? It was speculated at the time that it would lead to the Manta Ray and it never happened. I have a Sky Redline in my garage with a real Vette sitting next to it. Nice car, but it is no Corvette. I don't see how any real Corvette lover would want a Manta Ray in place of a real Vette.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The problem I have with this speculation is GM management. I don't see how Mary Barra and Mark Reuss would permit a mid-engine Cadillac in place of a mid-engine Corvette. Cadillac has limited development dollars and they would be wasting them on a showroom beauty queen? Makes no sense to me. Cadillac needs to focus on getting its line-up correct and show results. They haven't done this. Chevrolet has and has earned the right to make this car. So far, Johan de Nysschen just talks a good game.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
From Corvetteforum post 198..don't know if it is accurate

The production nameplate is Corvette Zora and Cadillac will be building a vehicle on the same platform with the same engine, the Cadillac has a production nameplate listed only as "Sports car." The engine these two cars will share is...

4.2L (4209cc) Twin Turbo V8 quad cam 32V, engine program is called LTA HO
600 HP at 5000rpm
600 TQ at 4000rpm
Built in Tonawanda, NY

Production numbers for Zora are expected to be around 300 in MY2018 and jump to 400 per year by MY2020.

I don't have direct confirmation if it's mid engine, because the platform and layout listed is the same as the current C7.

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Well if gm only makes 400 units a year than the price will be ridiculous....

Boo hoo...;)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Wasn't CT6 supposed to receive a 4.2L TTV8...?
Yes..i think CT6 is suppose to get 4.2l v8 TT in 2017. But i think rumors put power between 500 and 550 hp.
Since this information was taken from GM computer system maybe there are also some info about ct6 with that engine..who knows.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts