GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Bummer. Hopefully it was just built before shutdown.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My dealer and Chevrolet.com chat told me it hasn’t been built as of this past Friday afternoon. I’m not sure what kind of latency exists in production reporting to know for certain.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
I just got word from Chevrolet chat that it was built and is now going through quality inspections. I got lucky on my timing before the shutdown!
I think there are going to be a lot of people who have to wait as their chips get put into pickup trucks!

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
After further review, Chevrolet chat rep "John" told me wrong info. Apparently my car was NOT built. My dealer doesn't know when Lansing Grand River will re-open, thus no new target production week is being provided. Also Chevrolet chat now just gives me a bot response "your order has been accepted by GM and is being scheduled for production". What a mess.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
After further review, Chevrolet chat rep "John" told me wrong info. Apparently my car was NOT built. My dealer doesn't know when Lansing Grand River will re-open, thus no new target production week is being provided. Also Chevrolet chat now just gives me a bot response "your order has been accepted by GM and is being scheduled for production". What a mess.

Geez that sucks. Waiting for a car to be built, even if they do build it fast, always feels like one of the longest times ever.

My local Chevy deal used to keep a decent inventory of Camaros, typically having around ten of them. But they currently have none, and really since last year have rarely had more than a couple on the lot. Seeing this, I really thought that the future of the Camaro was bleak. When dealers don't order them, the car is doomed (The Regal Sportback and TourX were doomed from the start by this; no dealer in a reasonable driving distance from me ever had any in stock, not one.) Maybe with the Camaro, it's supply issues.

Reactions: smith7629

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
KSR, I'll try to keep myself busy with other things while this sorts itself out. Do you have a pic of your 88 TA GTA?

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,220 Posts
EDIT: Spoke too soon, looks like it’s April 26 for LGR.

There's talk that Lansing GR might be open again "mid-April", I hope so!

My local two Chevy dealers have a combined one (1) new Camaro between them (an LT1 Automatic).

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
That sucks... It's like being a kid, full of anticipation for Christmas, only to get to Christmas morning and the adults tell you they've postponed Christmas to an indeterminant date.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
GM is focused on other things right now instead of piddling things like building and selling cars. It's all about the hype of future product not for sale.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Cross over to the dark side & buy a Supra?

·
Registered
20,429 Posts
GM is focused on other things right now instead of piddling things like building and selling cars. It's all about the hype of future product not for sale.
Funny/Not-Funny.........

Man what a bummer, I can't imagine how frustrated you must be!

Cross over to the dark side & buy a Supra?
While it seems like a neat little car, I don't think the two are even close to the same.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Funny/Not-Funny.........

Man what a bummer, I can't imagine how frustrated you must be!

While it seems like a neat little car, I don't think the two are even close to the same.
Eh...I figure the back seat of a Camaro is so useless, it may as well not even be there. Only other American option out there is the Mustang Mach 1, but I bet they're having the same production problems. Or he can sit with what he has and mod it? Honestly that's what I'd do in his predicament.

·
Registered
18,214 Posts
Challenger R/T Scat Pack with the adaptive suspension could be a fun alternative honestly.

Plus, they offer a ton of great options. 14 colors. Rear seat delete. 1320' package. Etc etc.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
GM is the butt end of a bad joke right now. All their lots are empty and their build it website is very restrictive. For example, go build a Denali Yukon XL. $90+ grand and there’s one choice of wheels. But at the top of the page they highlight the electric hummer, which can’t be bought, and if you could it’s outrageously priced. GM is making BMWs and Mercedes look like a bargain. If their Q2 and Q3 earnings show profit, someone is cooking the books.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts