GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres a lot of wasted space in the truck bed between the outside and inside sheetmetal ahead of each wheel well,
So why not build a storage box for tools or whatever with doors accessible from either inside or outside,or both..

Don't forget to send me some money if you do that!!

ー(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

·
Premium Member
36,291 Posts
Dodge beat you to it!

They could also quit with that stupid hoarse cowboy (NPI) singin' that idiot ad they play every 20 minutes!

·
Premium Member
36,291 Posts
What, you don't want to buy a "Rayum"? :lmao:
My voice isn't deep or southern-drawled enough fur me to baah me one a them Rayimmz! So sad!

On the plus side, I think you can fit several AKs into them tharr saddlebags, Pilgrim!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
theres a lot of wasted space in the truck bed between the outside and inside sheetmetal ahead of each wheel well,
So why not build a storage box for tools or whatever with doors accessible from either inside or outside,or both..

Don't forget to send me some money if you do that!!
Have you checked out the thread on Chevy trucks at the SEMA show? Chevy seems to be way ahead of you.

Chevy will send you the bill.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I think the Ram Box is the bomb....why GM and Ford won't offer their version of this is ignorant...
GM did. It was called the Avalanche.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
GM already had a version of this, it was on the Avalanche, and EXT 1st....lol.... GM invented the Bed side cargo box, all others copied the design, it also was a cooler...LOL

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Actually, Ford offered this feature first in the late '60s- early '70s on the Contractor package.

O/P is referring to the space inside the bed, ahead of the wheel wells, and that's a good ideer, also.
Rambox is very good take on it, but makes the bedsides too wide to reach over/ get smaller items out.
Everything is a compromise in one way or another.

·
Registered
21,373 Posts
GM was doing that way back in 2002 with the Avalanche.
And since we all now how that ended.................

"GM; the greatest ideas, and the worst execution" (again)

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Never liked the ram box as it takes away from valuable bed space.

I DO like the titans cabinets that are on the back quarter panel. This is a definite dead space there where the storage would be appreciated. Especially on my 8 foot bed. Put in four of these in front of and behind the wheel and lockable and you have a winner.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,508 Posts

I DO like the titans cabinets that are on the back quarter panel. This is a definite dead space there where the storage would be appreciated. Especially on my 8 foot bed. Put in four of these in front of and behind the wheel and lockable and you have a winner.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the concept that the OP was talking about, not the bedside bins that everyone has run with..

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

Yeah, a storage compartment right behind the rear wheel. Do you know what that area looks like in the middle of Winter? :brick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts