GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get rappers and pop artists to drive them. Namely rappers since everyone from inner city black kids to suburb white boys listen to it. They did it with escalades and MB and what not. Now, I just watched Funk Flex's show on spike. They had the queen latifa show on (for teh 5th time) and she had a restored olds with a V8. She was talking about "you cant get this(noise) from japanise and european sports car, this is (revs engine and you hear the engine) american muscle"

With Ludacris's Cutlass redone on a few shows before that, I think more rappers with muslce car V8's will make them popular again.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Bigals87, your a genius but get into the Federal Witness Protection Program before the tree huggers find you and kill you.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Old Muscle cars R popular down South and out in L.A with Rappers. I see alot in the Videos U don't see on MTV. Some of these guys R slowly starting 2 get the clue....S-L-O-W-L-Y. I've seen 4th Gen T/A's,Mustangs,Vettes,Olds Cutlasses (or is that Cutlai),Old MC's and Grand Prixs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
One way to really grease the wheels for the "V8's in rap videos" idea is a little something called persuasion.

$

pay the right price and a video producer could even have the artist's driving around in Citation's!! I hope the music industry would never go that low - but that doesn't mean there couldn't be a 455 powered Cutlass in a video. ;)

Conversly - this idea could also be used to futher the effects of rice - so it's not entirely bulletproof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.