GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I sold ye olde wagonlove because Mrs Mak wanted a smaller car for the school run. We looked at a few things including the Cerato GT which was the only real contender.

In the end, we bought a hatch back.
16ks on the clock for under 30k. At least its not a SUV...

You'll have to go here until I can work out a problem I'm having with the gallery. SCHNELL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Nice Ride.

Why can't we sell Sedans in North America? I guess Gas is just too cheap.

I met someone recently who just moved to my Desolate Area f Canada, she has a Smart 4-2, and never could figure out the Truck Crazy in Ottawa, until she came here and noticed everyone is Hauling/Towing something. I mentioned there are 4 Drivers in my House and 4 Full Sized Pick Ups, all 4x4's all Crew's. But with fuel creeping up again, 1 should be a Miser for travel, 400km's either way from here to a major city

·
Premium Member
37,221 Posts
You ARE dirty, kamkim! Take a long shower or go swimming somewhere!

Reactions: mikmak

·
Premium Member
18,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Ride.

Why can't we sell Sedans in North America? I guess Gas is just too cheap.

I met someone recently who just moved to my Desolate Area f Canada, she has a Smart 4-2, and never could figure out the Truck Crazy in Ottawa, until she came here and noticed everyone is Hauling/Towing something. I mentioned there are 4 Drivers in my House and 4 Full Sized Pick Ups, all 4x4's all Crew's. But with fuel creeping up again, 1 should be a Miser for travel, 400km's either way from here to a major city
Sedans have died here too replaced by light trucks and medium CUVs (which we call SUVs because most Australians have never seen how big actual SUVs are). It's funny about fuel. It's only a problem when it's expensive. For people who aren't towing or hauling all the time full size trucks are todays Chrysler Imperial. I was looking forward to everything getting lighter since 2010, which is what everyone says talking about back then. But my Commodore is actually only 5kgs lighter than my last car only 1 inch shorter and is the same capacity V6 I've had in all my cars since 2007.

I'm guessing it would be hard to not have a truck when you are used to being able to do truck things.

·
Premium Member
18,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
37,221 Posts
You should feel dirty,but congrats on the new ride.....

No matter how much I disapprove of the make. ;)
What, you don't like Buicks?

Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Premium Member
37,221 Posts
Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Nice work Mik. AWD or FWD ? The RSV looks like a nice ride.

I wont be in the market for a while - the Subies are cool cars and the BMW suits my wife when its not in for warranty repairs...

My daughter is applying to do her PhD at University of Queensland SMI next year. Just thought I should give you forward warning. You'll probably hear her from your place. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts