GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM announces supplier bonus cash. I am eligible for that program. $2,000.00 on Lucerne, $2,000.00 GMAC cash for lease return, 4 months pull ahead and $4,500.00 in dealer cash and rebate, a perfect scenario for car shopping.

I locate a unit in a nice color, although quite a distance. When I ask for a supplier price the internet rep. stalls me - long enough to sell to somebody else. A lying salesman at a rotten dealer - good riddance.

I found another unit in a good color. I got a supplier price quote. When I revealed that I have GM Card points I was told that I cannot redeem them with the Supplier Discount program. A nice dealer with all good people.

In August, the deal-breaker under the employee pricing scheme was that you had to finance the new purchase through GMAC to get the lease return bonus cash. My rate with GMAC would have been a full 2 points over what I had already arranged through the Costco auto financing progam.

Now the deal-breaker is that I can't use my GM card points, which I have been accumulating since 2004. What the hell good are they if you can never use them?

GM has so many stupid programs, incentives, rebates, this, that something else, with all kinds of difficult-to-discern conditions, limitations, exclusions and such that it is impossible to make a deal with these people. These stupid, hare-brained schemes are all going on at different times with different expiration dates so that nobody in their right mind could understand what deal they are actually eligible for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought an '09 CTS on October 7th. I got employee pricing, plus a rebate, plus lease to purchase bonus cash, plus an additional $2686- for paying cash (or just not using GMAC), and I was allowed to use my GM Card rewards. So I think, the dealer you spoke to is simply wrong or genuinely confused by the program. I would keep calling dealers until I find one who allows you to use the rewards. Before I made my deal, I called GMAC 3 times to ask about the lease to purchase bonus cash. Each time I called I was given a different answer. They originally told me about that cash bonus, then the next two times I called they told there was no cash bonus for purchasing. It was only when I went to my dealer that I found out there was $4000- for going from lease to purchase.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought an '09 CTS on October 7th. I got employee pricing, plus a rebate, plus lease to purchase bonus cash, plus an additional $2686- for paying cash (or just not using GMAC), and I was allowed to use my GM Card rewards. So I think, the dealer you spoke to is simply wrong or genuinely confused by the program. I would keep calling dealers until I find one who allows you to use the rewards. Before I made my deal, I called GMAC 3 times to ask about the lease to purchase bonus cash. Each time I called I was given a different answer. They originally told me about that cash bonus, then the next two times I called they told there was no cash bonus for purchasing. It was only when I went to my dealer that I found out there was $4000- for going from lease to purchase.
How did you get employee pricing?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i think you keep putting price over value. buy one at a hundred or two UNDER invoice, and then use your gm card. for the most part GM SUPPLIER AND INVOICE ARE VERY CLOSE IN PRICE. maybe a few hundred apart. GM EMPLOYEE PRICE IS 4% LOWER THAN GM SUPPLIER....but you can't use your GM card.
also, it depends on GM's moods sometimes, but your GM earnings may be capped depending on the model you choose. btw, did you ever contact that dealer i sent you the link to that had the Lucerne with the color and options you desired? i did that out of my own time and wasn't asking for any kind of compensation. but, i keep coming on here and reading about how it's not cheap enough...whaddya want? FREE?
get your new car....put the shopping behind you. you'll get over the anxiety and you'll be enjoying your new Buick.
Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Correct that GM Card cash and Supplier discount can't combine, at least except for special cases.

That said, Supplier price is still over invoice and it doesn't sound like anything you're considering is exactly in demand--or at all--and there's no question any dealer wouldn't make first offer to sell such a vehicle at invoice if not below, right off the bat.

So drop the care about supplier pricing and just get a regular offer which is better in the first place, and then subtract away everything you possibly can. Ran into the same case years ago when buying a Suburban and had a Supplier discount number, only to find out GM card cash couldn't combine and the dealer's pretty simple answer was "no problem, we'll sell it for even less without and subtract every bit of extra possible", and they did. That's the same for most dealers.

Supplier makes it easy, but it's not the best deal most would even offer regardless.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How did you get employee pricing?
Employee pricing is still available on the '09 CTS base model. You can add stand alone options like a moonroof, but you can't add any packages or you lose Employee Pricing. I don't know if they are doing this on any other GM vehicles right now. I haven't seen GM advertising this, but every Cadillac Dealer in South Florida is advertising the same low price in the newspaper. But they are not stating Employee Pricing until you call them up and ask them. My theory is that GM made such a big deal about justifying the employee pricing in September by calling it a 100 year anniversary sale. Therefore, they would lose all crediability by continuing it. They had already extended it from the first week in September thru the end of the month. So what would they call it now? The 100 year and 1 month anniversay sale. I don't really car, I got a great deal and we love the car. If you want the Buick ask the dealer if there are any models with employee pricing. If not consider the base CTS. It's a great car and you will probably get for much less than you think.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earlier this month I had already asked a Buick dealer if they would sell to me at employee pricing and their response was as if I had sprayed a ****roach with Raid. I also looked at the DTS and they were not indicating at all that they would sell equivalent to employee pricing.

I am familiar with the CTS and although it is nice I am just not interested in one.

Yesterday I have placed a deposit on a new '07 Lucerne CXL V-8 that I had inquired about recently. The dealer called and wanted to get down and make a deal. What I wanted was the Northstar engine. It did not matter the package it came in. It would have been nice to have had all the toys in an 08Lucerne CXS but it was not worth the $10,000.00 price difference. My GM card points have finally been used. In 5 years both of these cars will be worth roughly the same. Also, the 18-inch tires are a lot more expensive than the 17-inchers. Costco doesn't even stock the 18 inch tires. In the end I have achieved my goal: a Buick with a Cadillac engine at a Chevy price.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Riv........I hear that ! But with the GM cars having such a crappy resale
and a 5/100 warranty why not?
This time instead of going the new route on my 07 DTS with a $50k msrp. and
$40k after my GM employee discount and rebates I picked up a GM PEP 07 DTS
pkg 3 car with every option with 2,900 miles for $28k.

So a Buick v-8 with a $37k sticker for a shade over $20k is a good deal vs.
buying new....................
BTW there are NO Buick v-8 07 0r 08s new anywhere in central NY to be had.........

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Great! Even an '07, it's still new and you got what you wanted!

Welcome to the Buick/Caddy engine/Chevy price club;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Boy I'd hate to be in sales with all these pricing options going on. How on earth do you keep up with it?
Thanks actually for recognizing that! It is impossible to keep up with this crap. All we want to do is sell a damn car! GM makes it damn near impossible. All is does is pi$$ off our customers by continuously changing/adding/deleted offerings.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I know with the GM Extended Family Card, you can redeem your GM points for cash...

I had accumulated a little bit and I got a check for it!

Look into it...HSBC is now the holder of my Gm card...
GMCSonoma, to your knowledge, is there a way to trade for this card, even though one might have the GM World Card and transfer the points balance over? I know that they have different point accumulations, and at this point, even if I would lose some of the $3000 I have stored, a nice pickup might be had to get a check back, even if it is only 20% of this.

·
Registered
353 Posts
GMCSonoma, to your knowledge, is there a way to trade for this card, even though one might have the GM World Card and transfer the points balance over? I know that they have different point accumulations, and at this point, even if I would lose some of the $3000 I have stored, a nice pickup might be had to get a check back, even if it is only 20% of this.
GMCC will x-fer your points, but they will transfer your 5% Earning from your World Card to the 1% as on the Extended Family Card.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts