GM Inside News Forum banner

I am seeing quite a few CT4s here in Savannah

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
I have started to see quite a few CT4s on the road here in Savannah, GA. I have seen a few CT5s as well, but lately Savannah looks more like a CT4 kind of town when it comes to Cadillac sedans. It might be that this is a lower income town, because the Cadillac SUV that I tend to see the most is the XT4.

Which Cadillacs do you see most in your area?

#4 ·
That makes sense considering that at the end of Q1 2021, GM sold nearly four times as many Escalades in the U.S. as CT4 (9,842 Escalades vs 2,627 CT4).

To answer Robert1969's question, the most common recent vintage Cadillac model I've seen in the Memphis area and Tunica is the Escalade.

#12 ·
No there are rich people here. But what I am saying is that with incomes being lower here. Sure you’ll see Escalades, Navigators, S Classes, here as well. But with lower overall incomes you probably have fewer people who can snag CT5s.

Reactions: mbukukanyau
#14 · (Edited)
Sadly, I can count on one hand, with four finger to spare, the amount of CT4's I've seen. Other than my own, I've seen exactly one other CT4 a few months ago. I was at my trainer, the guy parked next to mine and was checking mine out as he said it "looked like something special" (I went out and spoke to him). I've seen more Lamborghini's, Bentley's, RR's and Ferrari's in the same time I've seen other CT4's.

Ironically, I get a lot of guys coming up and chatting with me about my car - if I had to put a number on it, I'd say at least 50. Rarely do I take a trip to town without a guy commenting (positively) about it. Women, it seems, could care less about it. Though with the black rims and black paint, it is a very masculine looking car - so much so that I can see women NOT being interested in it. Kind of perplexing to have a car that attracts so much attention, yet no one is buying them in my area (though my dealer is refusing to stock the V version which might be the source).

I've seen only a couple of CT5's. I still see more CT6 and 2nd gen CTS than CT4 or CT5.

I see a lot of Escalades and quite a few XT5's and XT6's. I'm starting to see more and more XT4's - good looking ride! And funny thing is all the vitriol toward the XT6 on GMI, I see a decent amount of them, yet virtually no Lincoln Aviators.

Random comment - I like the Escalade in real life better than in pictures.

#16 ·
Around here I see almost no CT5s or CT4s, but then the local Caddy dealer is down to three CT4 and zero CT5. Plus one XT6 and a few Slades/XT4/XT5. Mostly I see XT5s, a few XT4s and Slades. CT6/CTS/ATS are rare.

#17 ·
Though it isn't really surprising to not see many CT4's, they haven't sold many - I'm thinking it will sell no better than the ATS, and possibly worse, particularly with the somewhat overlapping price structure with the CT5.

Unrelated to this thread - the other day you had asked about updates and I said seamless. Well, I jinxed myself. Normally it asks you if you want to install an update. I got into my car, was at the gym, and there was a bar showing 23% complete on the tablet and my car, of course, was disabled. I had to wait 10 or so minutes to complete. Not the end of the world, but I wasn't happy, I was at the gym for an hour and a half and it chooses to randomly download on its own around when I wanted to leave.

And, it didn't fix the one issue I've been having, which is, especially when I haven't driven it in awhile (such as backing out of the garage), more often than not, the car rolls about two inches and it taps the brake hard for a split second and then continues rolling. That has to be a software issue which I'll tell the dealer when I need to get the oil changed (just turned 3,000 miles since I bought it last October).

#19 ·
I’ve never seen a ct4 on the road. Probably about a dozen CT5. Countless new Escalades and Yukon/tahoe for that matter. Most common is xt5 obviously and then XT4.

Blackgtp…just a thought, could the issue be dust on parking sensors if the car hasn’t been used in awhile and it’s recalibrating? I’m far from an engineer so just a random guess lol

#21 ·
I’ve never seen a ct4 on the road. Probably about a dozen CT5. Countless new Escalades and Yukon/tahoe for that matter. Most common is xt5 obviously and then XT4.

Blackgtp…just a thought, could the issue be dust on parking sensors if the car hasn’t been used in awhile and it’s recalibrating? I’m far from an engineer so just a random guess lol
I doubt it, my car gets washed once a week.... I think it has something to do with the automatic braking software.

#22 ·
How about a nice Sedan deVille? :)None of those nasty abs or other software glitches to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.