21,315 Posts
Kia did it better! EV9 Concept

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I think Hyundai missed the target.

But really, who cares? Copying to some degree is rampant in the industry. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Cadillac copied BMW in going from a builder of luxury cars to sports sedans. Cadillac copied Lincoln in building body on frame luxury SUVs. And now Cadillac is copying Tesla in building electric vehicles. Bunch of thiefs lacking original ideas.

/sarcasm

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Cadillac copied BMW in going from a builder of luxury cars to sports sedans. Cadillac copied Lincoln in building body on frame luxury SUVs. And now Cadillac is copying Tesla in building electric vehicles. Bunch of thiefs lacking original ideas.

/sarcasm
Copying is a way of life in styling. Just how many ways can you bend metal or shape lights?
Personally, I see no similarities here other than the cars both have windows, headlights, and taillights. Oh yes, and doors.
Change, change we can believe in!

·
Premium Member
35,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

/sarcasm
Engineering a better vehicle is completely different from styling a vehicle.. one is art, the other is science.. pun…

Cadillac has both in spades…

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't get this comparison Kilas are nicer, Chujdays are ugly as hell.
(we call Kia 'Kila' - that means syphilis in Polish, and we call Hyundai Chujday - chuj means di.c.k in Polish/Slovak)

Reactions: JimmyDiablo

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
(we call Kia 'Kila' - that means syphilis in Polish, and we call Hyundai Chujday - chuj means di.c.k in Polish/Slovak)
Aaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Oh that is soooo funny! Very clever!! Who thought that up??

·
Premium Member
35,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My father in law who served in Nam will not be caught in one of those Kia's coz KIA means 'Killed in Action'

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
My father in law who served in Nam will not be caught in one of those Kia's coz KIA means 'Killed in Action'
I spent 20 years in the Army, I know what KIA means. It's a car. It's not a forever war we have no intention of winning.

·
Premium Member
35,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
You're dredging the barrel if you think it's a feature worth copying - the DRLs have to be mounted somewhere, vertical, horizontal, it's not a defining feature.
It no longer is, if everyone is just going to have the same signatures and designers just copy one another. What happens when someone takes Thor's Hammer from Volvo and Puts it on their Kia or Silverado's Signature and and puts them on a Peugeot.
Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Its just sad.. when you pay people to use the xerox machine and go to lunch...

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

People get paid big bucks to design this stuff. When Cadillac came up with its signature lighting, it was a defining styling cue of Cadillac,
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

It was not an accident either, its a natural evolution of Stacked lights that Cadillac has had for a looong time...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts