GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
I hate the way they're stealing those Edsel taillights. Krikey, get original!

Meanwhile, I'd stick with the aggressive new grille as seen on the Palisade and friends.

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
The problem is I like Hyundai better, a much cleaner design.
It is clean, nothing busy there. No folds, no crinkles, no swooshes. Did a bot design it?

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Hyundai looks like my microwave, not that there's anything wrong with that
Mebbe it has a microwave where the glove box used to go. Talk about handy! While the driver's on autopilot yakking on the phone, he/she/they/it can warm up some jelly donuts.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I don't see any relation to the Cadillac. Apparently a vertical lighting element of some sort = Cadillac?

Regardless, I'm with BlackGTP - the square lighting elements on their recent Ioniq branded models (of which this is one) look like an 80s futuristic style, and I think it didn't need to be brought back around lol.

I don't hate the general shape (its profile actual reminds me of the Isuzu Axiom, pictured below), but dont' like the rear.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
35,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That Hyundai looks awful. I was assuming that the title of the thread was sarcastic, especially once I saw the photos. The Lyriq is beautiful, the Hyundai is......Frigidaire-esque.
When that Hyundai is coming at you with that light signature, it will have the Cadillac look… no doubt

I don't see any relation to the Cadillac. Apparently a vertical lighting element of some sort = Cadillac?
Bingo, From the Front, LED’s those lights will look like Cadillac, until it gets close, and that is deliberate

1 - 20 of 39 Posts