1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai fares well in another auto quality survey
GM ranks high in 11 of 19 categories
By John Porretto / AP Auto Writer

DETROIT -- A new survey measuring automotive quality backs up Hyundai Motor Co.’s impressive showing in a recent J.D. Power and Associates report, while General Motors Corp.’s brands were at or near the top in 11 of 19 vehicle categories.
Nissan Motor Co.’s Infiniti luxury brand and Mercedes-Benz scored the highest among individual nameplates in the survey being released Monday by San Diego-based marketing research firm Strategic Vision, which queries customers on a variety of quality issues and their satisfaction in the first three months of ownership.
Volkswagen of America, coupled with the Audi brand, was the top full-line corporation in total quality.
Strategic Vision surveyed roughly 40,000 new owners of 2004 models between October and November. Industrywide, total quality rose slightly from 2003 and has risen nearly every year since 1998. Strategic Vision began the survey in 1995.
Hyundai, a once-suspect South Korean brand, ranked 14th out of 37 brands in total quality experience in the new survey, up from 23rd last year.

GM DOES WELL, TOO

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by tgagneguam@May 24 2004, 08:08 AM
Hyundai fares well in another auto quality survey
GM ranks high in 11 of 19 categories
By John Porretto / AP Auto Writer

DETROIT -- A new survey measuring automotive quality backs up Hyundai Motor Co.’s impressive showing in a recent J.D. Power and Associates report, while General Motors Corp.’s brands were at or near the top in 11 of 19 vehicle categories.
The problem with these survey results is that it's a very qualitative series of tests, and not just restricted to build quality.

I mean, for crying out loud, Audi and VW were the top "total quality brands". Given Audi's recent build quality issues, that should tell you something about this "test". I, too, can look fondly back on a '72 Impala Convertible -- I LOVED that Impala -- but it was hideously screwed together.

-John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts