GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Problem is, California, New York, and now Canada(?) are constantly pushing for ever stricter emissions standards, and these markets can't be ignored.

California seems determined to stick with the SULEV Gasoline-electric hybrid type design, and knowing the number of Japanese import fans there, I'm sure they are happy that Toyota and Honda are the only ones offering this type of car.

Besides, I've heard no info on GM offering diesels in small cars recently.

I'd say this is a lose-lose situation for GM. And hydrogen dreams aren't going to make it all better, nor are a few mild hybrid fleet sales pickups.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Mar 23 2004, 07:32 AM
I was just listening to the radio...Canadian government is getting rid of the "drive clean" program for smaller cars trucks and SUVs but it's maintaining the practice and increasing the strictness (is that a word?) of the regulations regarding diesels. How aggravating....ACK! :argue: :zippy:
This seems to confirm what I thought. Governments, Politicians as well as Hollywood types have decided that they like the Toyota Prius approach, and are going to do all that they can to push this kind of vehicle.

GM's Hydrogen Dreams had better be more than that, or they are going to be on the wrong side of history...again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.