1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Ha. Yeah, no executive (OK...maybe Lutz would) is going to admit publicly that brand cuts are being considered. It would effect sales.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like umm... Hummer for instance.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Then again, what was posted on GMi may have just been a rumor. The reliability of the sources is unknown, but rumors are rumors.
You're entitled to believe that. It is kind of interesting that I have yet to have anyone that is "in the know" tell me different. Actually, the unity in what we have been hearing from our sources is highly unusual...usually the story is altered some.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You're entitled to believe that. It is kind of interesting that I have yet to have anyone that is "in the know" tell me different. Actually, the unity in what we have been hearing from our sources is highly unusual...usually the story is altered some.
Probably just some disgusted shareholder that he didn't get a good return on his investments.

·
Super Moderator
10,886 Posts
Ha. Yeah, no executive (OK...maybe Lutz would) is going to admit publicly that brand cuts are being considered. It would effect sales.
Agreed. They wouldn't reveal this until the last second if there was an actual cut. Just as they did with Oldsmobile.

Besides, if the fiasco with Hummer proves anything, it's that you dont show your cards until you are ready.

·
Registered
202 Posts
:yup:

Why in the Hell would GM make a knee-jerk reaction to a blip in fuel prices? Hummer is a popular & profitable brand with a loyal customer base & a promising future.
I don't see any of the truck brands totally closing, just scaled way back and the focus on cars as they adjust to a different market, GM should have seen this coming. The Malibu is a good start, but they need more cars and now!

·
Registered
160 Posts
BS. GM announced this AM that MORE firings are in store as well as MORE entities to be SOLD. In other words, one of GM biggest brands is going the way of the dinosaur.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one and we love. Mileage is not so bad (17.5 -18.5) highway..

Question, how would buy it? Maybe Toyota or VW? or ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
what else is new we knew this was going to happen. When are they coming out with a Diesel H2 if they do come out with one before Hummer Dies id be all for buying one. they should have offered it when the first came out with the H2.

·
Registered
202 Posts
what else is new we knew this was going to happen. When are they coming out with a Diesel H2 if they do come out with one before Hummer Dies id be all for buying one. they should have offered it when the first came out with the H2.
Right now Diesel is the most expensive fuel, so I don't see how owning a diesel would help anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts