GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my 2nd entry to replace my Armoured H-Zero.

It's the Hummer H3 Venom Sport Wagon.

It is to H3 what the Ford Range Rover Sport is to Ford's chunky Discovery. Note also about the design; that apart from it's externally more sporting appearance, it's slim a,b and c pillars will give it not only a better view but a more open and airy feel consistent with a more sporting drive.

Oz is home to 10 of the ten most venomous spiders and snakes. Here's our RedBack Spider:

Is it better brightened up a bit?

A comparison H3 pic:

;)

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
fp115 said:
I actually like the slant in the windows a lot more than having them in a straight line.
Thanks fp115,

I created the roof from this 2 door VW golf hatch pic.

I thought the rising waistline would give it a sporting look without sacrificing interior load space.

I also added a subtle flowing coke-bottle accent line just below the window glass which curves up from the front lights, pinches in under the door windows, and then with a little hip over the rear wheels curves down to the taillights.

Just thought Hummer could use some subtle curves and a slight wedge shape.

;)

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CRBoyd91 said:
It reminds me of a raised Dodge Magnum.
Hi CRBoyd91,

Thats the look I was going for.

04Colorado said:
Sweet. When I first saw it, I thought Lambda Hummer.

Hi 04Colorado, Thanks.

Not really Lambda, as that platform has a lower ground clearance. Here though I have retained the H3's rugged platform and offroad capability.

;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I hate to even use the R-word (or H), but the Ridgeline's chassis, from what I've read, is pretty stout. Maybe GM could beef up the Lambda's suspension/chassis to use in an application for Hummer. No rock crawler, but it could definitely eat up some trails, and be family-friendly.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
It reminds me of an Eagle...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow man that thing looks like a serious Black mafia Truck!

Sweet.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Rex Raider said:
I don't really like it. What's the difference between this and an H3? Is it just supposed to be softer?
Hi Rex,

You know Ford's chunky square Discovery 3:

Well the H3 Venom is to the H3 what Ford's Range Rover Sport is to Discovery: a sport wagon built on the Discovery frame.

;)

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Rex Raider said:
I don't really like it. What's the difference between this and an H3? Is it just supposed to be softer?
Additionally, in case your question was literal. Here is a comparison of the two together so you can see that it is a radical redesign, not a photoshop softening of the original. Note also about the design; that apart from it's externally more sporting appearance, it's slim a,b and c pillars will give it not only a better view but a more open and airy feel consistent with a more sporting drive. The two would be light years apart in their feel behind the wheel and driving experience. The H3 is designed to be a slightly claustrophobic slab sided box; this is designed to wrap the car in curved glass and connect you with the outside evironment.

;)

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
roberto57 said:
Those wheels look awesome.
Hi roberto57,

Thanks. They look way better after I modified them to fit the Hummer I think than in the original pic I got them from:

This is the same Golf pic I got the roofline from. I had to change their vertical angle and stretch them horizontally. I also enhanced them a bit with a red airbrushing and cleaned them up digitally.

Essentially I morphed this pic and a pic of a standard black H3 together, along with a lot of mucking about, to create the Venom.

:)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Good work. I like this H3 Venom!:D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I like it, but the slant on the windshield is to much, it reminds me of a Jeep Liberty, when you get in it feels like your face is right up against the windshield, other than that it looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts