GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....the H3 has always had a full time four wheel drive system with eaton rear locking diff (like other GM trucks).

For 2009, the H3 can be had with a locking front diff. Is this the same eaton locker? (switchless)

Also, what do you guys think about GM putting torsen diffs front and rear with a brake-based traction control or (no traction control at all) train the drivers to use the brakes when the wheel gets into the air like the H1.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I highly doubt it, they would have to put a solid front axel to take advantage of the eaton system as far as I understand (I have heard both ways). Not exactly sure what it is though.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Okay....the H3 has always had a full time four wheel drive system with eaton rear locking diff (like other GM trucks).

For 2009, the H3 can be had with a locking front diff. Is this the same eaton locker? (switchless)
The H3's rear locker is an electronically controlled full-locking rear differential that is much stronger than the G80 limited slip offered in other GM trucks. The only drawback is that the H3's locker will not engage over 20mph.

The new front locker will be the same unit as is in the rear diff.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Also, what do you guys think about GM putting torsen diffs front and rear with a brake-based traction control or (no traction control at all) train the drivers to use the brakes when the wheel gets into the air like the H1.
Selectable lockers, like the H3's current rear locker, are much better than torsen diffs because you have power to all four wheels whenever you want it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts