GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.

Just a simple idea. Why not go bigger and stronger than a H1. Why can't we civilians have an Armoured Truck. I chopped it up and re assembled it into Armoured Truck proportions. I scaled down the door handles, mirrors, spare tire, shortened the rear, raised the roof, rescaled the wheels, and reworked the front door leading edge and bonnet. I also rescaled the curb-side.

The new 2009 GM Hummer H-Zero Up-Armoured Bagdad Runabout. Shown here to scale against a H3, note the door handles and fuel cap are same size on the H3 as on the big H-Zero. The H-Zero is 98 inches tall, 220 inches long with a 128 inch wheelbase. It has 1 ft more interior headroom than a H3, 1ft more interior width and 3 ft more interior length allowing for either a stretch limo layout or an expansive 3 row 9 seat layout.

Possible Drive-train: Diesel/Electric (like a Locomotive). A diesel/generator supplies power to four tractor electric motors (at each wheel) and to resupply the battery packs between the chassis rails. Electric Motors make Maximum Torque at zero revs, so this baby could climb over the H3 at the lights. With battering ram I-beam steel rails behind front and rear bumpers, Hydraulic suspension giving another 10 inches additional ground clearance on demand, and an engine snorkel, this IED resistant armour plated bank vault can go anywhere, anytime, against anything. It's the perfect family car for the school run and shopping mall car parks. LOL.

You can make cash transfers between banks after you drop off the kiddies at school. :)










;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
I see lots of work here.. nice job...

don't know about the color though.. try doig it up as an armored vehicle... like the one you pictured. now that would be cool!

remove the rear door and the rear windows... give that a shot and you might have a really interesting idea for the contest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
camaro_freak said:
I see lots of work here.. nice job...

don't know about the color though.. try doig it up as an armored vehicle... like the one you pictured. now that would be cool!

remove the rear door and the rear windows... give that a shot and you might have a really interesting idea for the contest
Hi cmaro_freak,

Something like this better?




;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
cool idea, don't care for the color though, it'd probably look best in black. i think what camaro_freak meant was make it almost like a panel van. the rearmost sied window should be paneled and i think the backseat window will be ok at normal size, good try though on the purple one :eek: . the proportion changes are perfect...except you didn't (at least it doesn't appear that you did) change the front at all. if you really wanna nail that armored truck look you should make the hood slanted kinda like the one on the GMC Topkick and Chevy Kodiak :cool: .

nice work, but you still got a bit to go
-camaroman22
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
camaroman22 said:
cool idea, don't care for the color though, it'd probably look best in black. i think what camaro_freak meant was make it almost like a panel van. the rearmost sied window should be paneled and i think the backseat window will be ok at normal size, good try though on the purple one :eek: . the proportion changes are perfect...except you didn't (at least it doesn't appear that you did) change the front at all. if you really wanna nail that armored truck look you should make the hood slanted kinda like the one on the GMC Topkick and Chevy Kodiak :cool: .

nice work, but you still got a bit to go
-camaroman22
camaroman is right.. totally ditch the rear glass.. and make it gray or white instead in color.. then add some badging on the doors.. maybe coming up with something on your own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
camaro_freak said:
this is more what I was suggesting pardon the roughness.. I'm just giving you some ideas :)


Hi camaro_freak,

That's a great pic.

I'm not actually going for a commercial armoured truck theme like that, rather a super sized armoured passenger vehicle is what I'm playing with. A monster armoured bling vehicle that can pull up at the red carpet at Academy Awards and out gets some superstar. My Black version is getting closer.

But you should start a new thread and enter that pic as a joint entry by you and me. I haven't seen any rules against a joint entry, have you?




;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
camaro_freak said:
oh.. I see a personal armored vehicle... wow that is really excessive but PERFECT for the Hollywood crowd :)
Yes. But I think my Hummer Half Track concept is even more excessive. :D


;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Nice! I like the black one. I understood you were going for an armored truck for consumers & not for commercial usage. Though I spose it could be anyway.

I could just picture gangs having one of these that have some kind of disagreement or whatever w/someone & doing drive-by shootings from one of these. I know its a rather negative thought, but its a realistic probability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LeSabre said:
Nice! I like the black one. I understood you were going for an armored truck for consumers & not for commercial usage. Though I spose it could be anyway.

I could just picture gangs having one of these that have some kind of disagreement or whatever w/someone & doing drive-by shootings from one of these. I know its a rather negative thought, but its a realistic probability.
Hi LeSabre,

Thanks, you just doubled the potential market base for this vehicle. Go marketing Guru!!


;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
MonaroSS said:
Hi LeSabre,

Thanks, you just doubled the potential market base for this vehicle. Go marketing Guru!! ;)
:lmao:LMAO! You're welcome...I think. :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
asim said:
I like the idea Camaro_freak gave to you MonaroSS.

It's kinda hard to tell that it is supposed to be a personal armored vehicle (because usually you are not supposed to be able to tell).

Maybe you should do the brinks idea, or another company with armored vehicles.

Hi asim,

Usually you are not meant to know a vehicle is armoured so that an assassin will not go to the lengths of getting armour-piercing weapons. But this is meant to be more of an in-your-face Bling item for Rappers, NBA stars and Actors either wanting to project a certain image or simply protect against and discourage deranged fans with conventional weapons.

After all, the origin of the civilian Hummer was with Arnold, who did not NEED a personal military vehicle. He just wanted to project a public image.

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
And bigger IS better!

At least for cars, for myself I am still trying to sell that XXXL-line to my wife ...



Hans :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,164 Posts
your black one, and that big black one are cool.
when I was over in oz I was told about how they use fully armored up hummers for prisions. have you seen one?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top