GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/234452/

GM recently admitted that it was considering the brand’s future following the collapse of sales as oil prices rise and the American economy falters. Now it seems that one of the potential bidders is billionaire Oleg Deripaska.

One of the world’s richest men, with assets reportedly worth around £15bn, Deripaska already controls Russian car-maker GAZ and the aluminium smelting company, RusAI.

GAZ is already in the military vehicle business, making a Hummer look-alike for the Russian military – the 2330 — and an eight-wheeled armoured car, the BTR-90.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
God i hope it doesnt go to the Russians!! If it does you know they will use the off-raod tech in the Hummers to make more military vehicles!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
God i hope it doesnt go to the Russians!! If it does you know they will use the off-raod tech in the Hummers to make more military vehicles!
Calm down, these are the civilian Hummers not the military ones. Heck they don't even make the H1 anymore anyway. I can't see them getting any 'secret' tech from buying the Hummer brand.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
What other auto divisions have they sold? :confused:

I think he is just suggesting things like the shares of Suzuki, Isuzu, Subaru, Allision, etc....

To others, does anyone remember Hummer didn't even make the H1? AM General made them even after they sold the Hummer name to GM. And to let everyone know, I am against the sale of Hummer.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I hope GM does not sell this to russians now as they crush Georgia. Surely, this would be a betrayal
Funny how the US media, vs. the world media I stay in touch with, OMITS that Russia DID NOT ATTACK GEORGIA......Georgia attacked a contested area where 90% of the citizens hold Russian passports and who actively try to join the Russian union, and vast numbers of those people were killed. Here it gets portrayed as "evil Russians attack Georgia out of the blue".

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I think he is just suggesting things like the shares of Suzuki, Isuzu, Subaru, Allision, etc....

To others, does anyone remember Hummer didn't even make the H1? AM General made them even after they sold the Hummer name to GM. And to let everyone know, I am against the sale of Hummer.
GM owns the marketing rights to the H1, which is out of production due to high HMMWV demand. GM owns everything about the H2 and H3, but the H2 is built by AM General on a separate production line at their HMMWV facility. AM General also builds GM's LSSV Silverados.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

I'm also in favor of GM keeping Hummer also i don't think we should do bussiness with Russia or China.:yup:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Funny how the US media, vs. the world media I stay in touch with, OMITS that Russia DID NOT ATTACK GEORGIA......Georgia attacked a contested area where 90% of the citizens hold Russian passports and who actively try to join the Russian union, and vast numbers of those people were killed. Here it gets portrayed as "evil Russians attack Georgia out of the blue".
Your right.. and i think Russia had the right to go in and protect those people of the break away nations.. BUT.. Russia didnt stop there, the Georgians pretty muched surrendered and Russia still continues to take over Georgia and thats where Russia is in the wrong.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I'm also in favor of GM keeping Hummer also i don't think we should do bussiness with Russia or China.:yup:
I couldnt agree more!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.