·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New HSV ClubSport R8 Tourer Delivers Performance & Versatility

Holden Special Vehicles
02 September 2008
www.hsv.com.au

Holden Special Vehicles has launched the new ClubSport R8 Tourer into the Australian market, with all the performance characteristics of the HSV brand in a versatile and luxurious new package.

The ClubSport R8 Tourer will be the company s first wagon since the all wheel drive Avalanche was released in 2003.

According to HSV s General Manager of Sales, Darren Bowler, the Tourer is a natural extension to the current HSV range of luxury and performance vehicles.

We were very impressed with the Sportswagon product our colleagues at Holden have released and believe the ClubSport R8 Tourer takes the concept to the next level, Darren Bowler said.

The Tourer is powered by the high performance LS3 engine producing 317kW of power and 550Nm of torque, making this one of the most powerful wagons produced anywhere in the world.

The Tourer also has impressive handling and ride characteristics and HSV s enormous brakes and safety package we expect this product to appeal to a range of customers, including families who will enjoy the versatility this HSV brings to the garage.

HSV s Chief Engineer Joel Stoddart said customers would appreciate the driving experience of the Tourer just as much as the HSV sedan range.

We ve built on our knowledge gained since the launch of the E-Series range in August 2006 particularly in chassis development and tuning coupled with the all new LS3 engine, to produce one of our best ever products, Joel Stoddart said.

The ClubSport Tourer R8 is a versatile and extremely responsive package.

HSV has produced a handful of wagon variants over its 20 year history. Prior to the Avalanche, the company built 27 VT Senator Signature Estates in 1997.

HSV will build around 120 ClubSport R8 Tourers for the Australian market in 2008.

A manual ClubSport R8 Tourer is priced from $65,990, which is just $1000 more than the equivalent ClubSport R8 sedan.

Automatic transmission is an additional $2330. Customers have the option of full leather seats for $2490 and can customise their Tourer even further with a 20 inch wheel and tyre package for $2500.

The Tourer is available from dealers nationally.

·
Registered
103 Posts
that wagon is cool but im a bit dissapointed i thought they would of had the gts sedan back lights and the utes back bumper then it would of been a much better car and they could of put the ute side skirts on what do guys think

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Awesome!
HSV said:
A manual ClubSport R8 Tourer is priced from $65,990, which is just $1000 more than the equivalent ClubSport R8 sedan.
Just in time for Wednesday Gold Lotto. Coincidence?

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey hsv if u listening when are u gonna give more choices to pick from like carbon fiber seats and dash ,more rims like deep dish 20's and some one needs to tell them to lower there cars about 30mm and tints from factory

to all u die hard hsv fans do u think hsv should celabrate how many times they have kicked fords asses around bathurst and do a fully spec limited edition bathurst car with a racing engine and roll gage and weigh about 1500kg and the widest rubber u can fit under that baby that would be the fastest 4 door in the world from factory

hey bob lutz when r u gonna export the holden ve wagon and give holden the green light to build the coupe 60 if u build the coupe 60 u can put the chevy volt engine in it and why spend 100 of millions on fuel efficient cars when u can use that money for better light weight materials u could have v8 in any car u just need to put the car on diet say a truck weighs 2.5 tones get that down to 1800 kg and a sedan 1900kg down to 1650kg u get me u will save alot more money and gas. thats just what i think what do guys think

·
Registered
103 Posts
The HRT 427 got canned NZ HOLDEN FAN. By the way, I don't think HSV should release a car with deep dish 20's, lowered by 30mm with carbon fibre seats, at least not from the factory ( The HRT 427 was a coupe not a limited edition 4 door concept that does't exist and for the deep dish 20's, lowered by 30mm with carbon fibre seats. it would be a racing version alot better than w427 hence the name limited edition bathurst car

isn't that the best looking wagon ever to bad pontiac won't be getting it. if they get it they should get by 2009 for usa & canada

doe's anyone no if vauxhall are getting this including middle east it would be great for them to get a diesel v8 and awd for it

can some one ask bob lutz to talk to nissan and ask them if they can put there v6 twin turbo under the hood of a holden like what they done back in the days that would be cool

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
If this were sold here, I would buy in it a heartbeat. I am looking for a family hauler vehicle and don't want a ridiculous mini-crossover... and since minivans are dead, wagons are the vehicle of choice for me.

wake up GM... bring us the G8 wagon!

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
As a family wagon... with some serious muscle under the hood... making it a plastic fantastic wagon doesn't work, it goes against what people in the market are looking for. And anyway that front end is mean enough.

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
It's a sportswagon Ron. It is supposed to corner on rails, not corner like it's on roller skates. As for the CTS, its grunt to size ratio pales in comparison and let's not even talk about interior space. The ClubSport R8 Sportwagon is a niche product. Those SUVs are just me-too-isms. They have their place but not in the same field as this one.:)

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It's a sportswagon Ron. It is supposed to corner on rails, not corner like it's on roller skates. As for the CTS, its grunt to size ratio pales in comparison and let's not even talk about interior space. The ClubSport R8 Sportwagon is a niche product. Those SUVs are just me-too-isms......
Amen to that.....the three little pigs & Cadillac's A4 Avant-wannabe can't hold a candle to some of Holden's creations :yup:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
my god...if they ever bought that over here I would buy that in a heartbeat. I dunno why, I have a thing for big cars. I love the wagon I have right now (despite some recent problems) and also love the G8. I know I'm getting a G8, and the wagon would only make it that much sweeter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts