GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard here in SC that our State Hwy Troopers are getting Hemi V-8 powered RWD Intrepids next year. One guy I know said they REALLY scoot!

I thought for sure their Camaro replacements would've been Mustangs or Chevy something, not special built Intrepids <_<

·
Registered
524 Posts
Replace Intrepid with Magnum or Charger(Magnum sedan), and this makes more sense.

-T

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
theres no talk of the interpid becoming RWD or having V8.. interpid more likely will be replaced with a magnum sedan, or dodge charger (yeah, might be a 4dr). sounds like some cops got togther at the donut shop and had some wishful thinking.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Illinois uses Ford Crown Vics and Chevy Impala's. With a few (very few) fbodies, mustangs, minivans, SUV's, etc mixed in. Those are all unmarked cars though. At least 95% of the fleet is crown vics or impalas (easier for me to spot). ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Louisiana State Troopers have some 1998 Special Service Camaro Coupes. The Baton Rouge City Police had some 1997 Camaro cars, but those have since been retired, I believe. Most of the La. State Troopers have Crown Vic's and most of the B.R. City cops have the new Impalas. East Baton Rouge Sherriff's office has Crown Vic's as well. There are quite a few unmarked Camaros. I saw about 10 to 12 new Special Service Camaro coupes in the back of a dealer's lot in Baton Rouge a couple years ago. I'm almost positive most, if not all, were for East Baton Rouge Parish narcotics agents.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Not a surprise that Dodge will enter the police market with their new RWD platform the 300C seems to expensive for a police car but there are Tahoes and Suburbans in use by police across North America. In BC we have highway patrols using Crown Vics marked and unmarked, very few Camaros, few GMC extended cab trucks, few Ford Rangers, and I have even seen a Civic, TJ.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck@Mar 15 2004, 05:42 PM
Not a surprise that Dodge will enter the police market with their new RWD platform the 300C seems to expensive for a police car but there are Tahoes and Suburbans in use by police across North America. In BC we have highway patrols using Crown Vics marked and unmarked, very few Camaros, few GMC extended cab trucks, few Ford Rangers, and I have even seen a Civic, TJ.
just a slight correction.. its the "chrysler 300" not dodge..and they loose the letter designation, so no C.. dodge gets the wagon version of that platform in the magnum with confirmation this week of a dodge charger to be added off same platform, no one seems to be certain if the charger will be sedan or coupe.. tradition says coupe, logic says sedan. i vote for coupe.. if sedan,with all the talk of police dislike for the crown vic's and impalas, makes sense dodge would tweek a police package version to offer.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
We have Tahoes, Crown Vics, Impalas, Intrepids, and Wranglers around here with light bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts