GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6,223 Posts
That's pretty cool, surferdude.

But...Honda makes some pretty good engines. IMO, they don't have the longevity of a 3.8, and around here that's a big issue.

As for styling, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Both the Civic and Accord are not my personal preference, but hey, who am I to judge?

Maybe the Cobalt will be light years behind in fit and finish, but it sure looks one helluva lot better than a Civic.

just my $.02 worth.

· Registered
495 Posts
Originally posted by Mikkoo@May 19 2004, 01:42 AM
Simply put the 3.8 liter GM powerplant is not up to the
same standards as there Japanese competitors. All you
need to do is drive a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan with
there V6 powerplants to feel the ultra smooth engines
that are worlds ahead in refinement to the 3.8 liter.
The GM V6 weezes and feels strained upon hard
accelerating. You'll never feel that with the Japanese
powerplants.
Seriously, have you driven a 3800? It's unbelievably smooth for a 90deg V6. Mine only screams, never wheezes, ;)

· Registered
14 Posts
Well this opinion is coming from someone who has purchased 4 hondas in the past and the reason why my two new cars are not hondas. First reason there quailty is nowhere near the level they where at when I had my 93 accord. I did purchase a 03 accord and have had nothing but trim/clunking noises and window sealing concerns and not to metion 5 yes 5 recalls. My friend purchased a new pilot and has had grinding noises from rear diff/transmission failure now a recall, trim concerns and vibration at hwy speeds that nobody can fix. Some of my winter cars where older buicks and oldsmobiles and a ford tempo/awd model and the maintence on those cars equaled or where better than my 03 accord and my friends pilot.

I traded in my 03 accord for a 04 chevrolet impala ss and let me tell you wow!. The motor is smooth with power and the styling I love. The interior is ok but could use some improvement but overall the car I would recommed over the accord hands down. My other driver is a lincoln aviator and I love this, I want to be barried in it/ford don't change a thing. The honda name is good but some of it's recent products have had alot major concerns. It will be very interesting to see the new accord with its dod system and the new odyessy but bottom line for me to spend my money I would be re-thinking on making another honda purchase in the future.

· Premium Member
23,308 Posts
Originally posted by LINCSAT@Jun 2 2004, 01:45 PM
The honda name is good but some of it's recent products have had alot major concerns.
you make a very interesting statement. the honda name is good, but the products are a concern. i've never heard it explained that way, but that's really the way of the industry. people buy name as much as they buy product. you're an example of a smart consumer: you took your experiences with one type of product, weighed the pros and cons, and moved to different types of products. and you're totally happy! that's good news... and high praise for the tried, tested and true impala! too bad about the aviator... you'll have to work on that :lol:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.