GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
707 Posts
I was wondering how long it would take before the Civic stopped being the cool car that everybody loves. I honestly believe them to be very handsome cars, but now they're starting to be eclipsed by more powerful, cheaper models. Even the new Cobalt will far outpower the current Civic. The Accord redesign has also hurt sales of those cars. Honda just doesn't have the lead on the domestics that it used to. Now the Honda cars are just as big as American cars and all of the other manufacturers are offering large incentives and are introducing a ton of new stylish cars.

· Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488+May 18 2004, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul8488 @ May 18 2004, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ilaoc77@May 18 2004, 02:22 PM
it sounds like they won't be the toughest competition to beat anymore, it has seemed to shift to their newly reborn rival, Nissan.
i don't think nissan is the well-rounded contender toyota is or honda was. nissan has some low-class interior bits, and some pretty big quality hiccups, along with some growing pains arising from growing too quickly. so while they're sailing along now, i don't think there going to be a sustained concern. toyota still appears close to bulletproof... perhaps the leak called scion will sink the ship! hahaha! okay, maybe not, but it's a start! [/b][/quote]
Yeah Scion wasn't exactly the roaring success that Honda thought it was going to be. I don't know about Nissan, tho. They have both style and power not to mention the cult following of the 350Z, beautiful car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.