GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I was wondering how do you take out the airbox? I'm plan on gutting the box and a new filter and the box removal step is the only thing holding me back right now. I did buy the K&N Filter I want to use today and hopefully My brother will help with drilling the next time he's home from MSU but if anyone knows how to take the box out I'm all ears

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
are you talking about the whole air box assembly? if so, its not too bad, remove the intake pipes, which are the snorkel pipes, black in color and go from the air box to the throttle body, they have 2 clamps on them, one at the air filter and one at the throttle body. next remove the top of the air box, should be 2 screws, older units used 4. all phillips head on the top cover.

next remove your air filter.

there should be a few 10 mm bolts that hold the lower section of the air box in place, remove those, along with the inlet pipe and its all out of there.

also on your snorkel tube, you will find a IAT sensor, you need to remove it, and also remove the MAF sensor from the snorkel tube. both will have wire harnesses, MAF sensor has 3 wires, IAT has 2. the IAT sensor pulls out of the tube, you will need it on the K & N kit.
also your MAF sensor will need to be installed on the new filter kit, its held in place in line on the snorkel pipe with clamps.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the info triple X. as for your question I'm not taking out the whole assembly just the box (bottom part in particular) so that it can be drilled. As i mentioned before as well I plan on doing this when my brother is home from MSU (he's better with a power drill then I am)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts