·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Um... give out some money :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Next week's lotto numbers. <_<

Perhaps more overseas coverage (Opel/Vauxhall news - car info - engines)

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i'm gonna sound like a lazy butthead here... but is there any simple way to add an option that'll have the posts appear in reverse order (most recently posted) when you click on a thread? it's only one other click and a scroll down to get to the last page... and i'm sure most people like reading through in order, but sometimes, if you've been active in the post and know what it's about you just wanna jump right to the last page and start babbling while the thoughts are fresh.

not a huge deal... be flattered that THAT is all i could come up with! the site is great!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
paul: i'm not sure if that's possible. I think vBulletin 3 might have that feature, but I've only seen it once, so I don't remember for sure.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Skie@Feb 27 2004, 07:02 PM
paul: i'm not sure if that's possible. I think vBulletin 3 might have that feature, but I've only seen it once, so I don't remember for sure.
ah... good old vBulletin 3...?!?

:)

i'm computer unliterate, so forgive me. that the forum type or something? and yeah, i figured if it was a simple option to add, cool, but if not, no worries at all.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
site is great as it is.. but maybe a weekly email newsletter covering some of the hotter topics of the week? for those people that might have missed something.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
That's not a bad idea, but the way I see it, the info stays on our site for a pretty long time. If you miss something, you can always go back and see it.

The newsletter won't really offer anything that the site doesn't offer.

By sending out a newsletter, it would probable decrease site activity.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
hmmm... perhaps not a newsletter, but an occasional email to remind people of their GMi membership might not hurt. i signed up in july and then totally forgot about the site! oops! stumbled across it again a few months back and didn't even know i was a member until i saw i was already logged in! might be a good idea to send a quarterly "howdy and hello" to spur irregular (well, more irregular than you wacky fellows!) members on to come and see what the site has to offer again.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Age and location of person.
As sometimes it is easier to understand a person answer if you know their age.
I am almost sounding like an old fart teacher that I had once.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488+Feb 27 2004, 01:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul8488 @ Feb 27 2004, 01:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skie@Feb 27 2004, 07:02 PM
paul: i'm not sure if that's possible.  I think vBulletin 3 might have that feature, but I've only seen it once, so I don't remember for sure.
ah... good old vBulletin 3...?!?

:)

i'm computer unliterate, so forgive me. that the forum type or something? and yeah, i figured if it was a simple option to add, cool, but if not, no worries at all. [/b][/quote]
Actually, vBulletin is a completely different message board software. We're using Invision Board. As it stands, I don't think that there are any plans to switch to vBulletin. Also, I'm not aware of any mods/hacks for Invision to reverse the order of the posts in a thread. If there was one, and it was a simple hack to install, then it may be considered, but I try to minimize the number of hacks since it becomes a pain when it's time to upgrade (everything needs to be re-installed, and that's if the hacks have been updated or are even compatible with the new version of Invision).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Originally posted by hockey81289@Feb 28 2004, 12:09 PM
not sure if its possible spellcheck for posts would be nice
I remember that someone had made a spellcheck for UBB back in when it was version 5.x (I think). The one or two boards at the time that used it didn't keep it for very long. While spellcheck would be nice, I don't think it would be used very much. However, if enough people want it, and someone made one for Invision Board, we can look into it. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is a great site with tons of good info.

I would like to see the Cadillac and Buick discussion section separated to their own forums.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I like adding the location feature. Id like to see where everyone is from. And there are Canadian and American, along with other people of different nations and they might spell things different, i.e. Color and Colour. Just a thought.

and I am also in for the money deal. Please send to my pay pal!
other then that, site is very cool. Maybe cleaning up some of the things that dont get used too much, if at all to help the pages load faster.
I just thought of this too...
When a new topic that goes up that is important such as breaking news about a new car, new management or something else important to the world that is GM, that an email is sent to all members? That might be too hard to do. This could actualy get more people to come to the site if say and email was sent out to all the members about "inside picutes and info on the confirmed GTO and Camaro"
Therefor, I can be prepared to pass out with joy instead of getting hit with such massive shock when I open up this website. :lol:

and can we get a Ford emblem that gets zapped or one that falls apart.... that would just be perfect.
(blue oval):plasma:<--- we need that.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The location hack is actually on NewAgeGTO, I just have to due it for this site. It requires modifying some base code. There is also two spellchecker hacks out there I have considered. I am kind of staying away from hacks for this forum though because Invision Board 2.0 is coming out soon and I want a clean upgrade plus it has a spell checker as a pay option. I was gonna pay and register the forum (we use the free version), but they hiked thier prices, so I dunno. I could get VBulliten for what they cost. Only issue I have is VB3 is kinda bloated. Unless this site starts making an assload of money however...I gon't see us upgrading to a paid solution. Sometimes features sound cool...but it seems soon as I add them, no one uses them.

Also you all know you can subscribe to forums and get email notifications.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts