GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
If this is a real hot wheels car (It probably is) It would seem Hot wheels has pulled the plug on Ford's attempts to hide this car. Now that the cat is out of the bag Ford should stop the slow striptease and unveil the whole thing

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
^ & ^^
it's not out yet, Ausrutherford, maybe not even written yet
...afaik of course ;) - usually released when ordering begins - month or so before the on-sale date iirc
but
you know where to find it when does appear :)

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
^ hmmm
missed that - - link?
&
The original date for final 2009 MY Mustang production was 01/30/2009 but that date was pulled forward recently to 01/23/2009. The original Job #1 startup date for the 2010 MY Mustang was 02/02/2009. Ford pulled all 2010 MY production information from their reports but should start posting that information again soon...
tho I guess there could be leaked preliminary version like the one BORG posted for the MKZ

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
^ s'ok
the earliest I'd expect anything is during LAIAS (or NAIAS)
but Feb/Mar is more likely imho

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ s'ok
the earliest I'd expect anything is during LAIAS (or NAIAS)
but Feb/Mar is more likely imho
well they released the CD3 ones 2 weeks before the first ones showing which is the Milan this friday so if they do the same thing, we could have something on wednesday?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
my understanding is it's based on when they "open the order book" ie. start taking orders.
For the CD3's that happened before their first public showing
& just over 2 months before their on-sale date
but
the Mustang won't go on sale until Spring cough*Apr17*cough
so even tho at least ONE 2010 Mustang will be shown at LAIAS,
we might not get the official OrderGuide until later
I say 'might' to acknowledge that Ford MAY want to build up a certain amount/'buzz' of pre-orders

ps
tho it won't surprise me, have you seen confirmation that the 2010 Milan will be shown at the Miami/South Florida Auto Show?

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my understanding is it's based on when they "open the order book" ie. start taking orders.
For the CD3's that happened before their first public showing
& just over 2 months before their on-sale date
but
the Mustang won't go on sale until Spring cough*Apr17*cough
so even tho at least ONE 2010 Mustang will be shown at LAIAS,
we might not get the official OrderGuide until later
I say 'might' to acknowledge that Ford MAY want to build up a certain amount/'buzz' of pre-orders

ps
tho it won't surprise me, have you seen confirmation that the 2010 Milan will be shown at the Miami/South Florida Auto Show?
No but its a very good educated guess.

2005-Milan Voga Concept
2006-Mariner
2007-Mariner Voga

Kinda of a given.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I think we've seen far more detail from the prototypes on the road.

It's almost as bad as Ford sending a bunch of Milans out on the streets in broad daylight completely naked before the unveiling.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I think we've seen far more detail from the prototypes on the road.

It's almost as bad as Ford sending a bunch of Milans out on the streets in broad daylight completely naked before the unveiling.
well they were out for brochure/press shots .. they have to have them ready .. so they have something to release when they reveal the thing .. the phoographer either got lucky, or got a tip - either way - these things happen - a bunch of other cars also got caught during their press-shoots.

Igor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts