GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horrific Crash Involving Chevy Volt – Both Occupants Okay (w/video)

Source : insideevs

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Chevrolet Volt is one of the safest “small cars” in the U.S. This incident puts the Chevy Volt’s safety on display.

As Volt owner Larry Diamond explains after having seen his local evening news:

“As seen on this evening’s news. Described as a “violent crash” that occurred during a police chase, the bad guys in the larger Audi SUV were taken to the hospital, while the Volt driver (and his dog!) are just fine. Chalk another one up to our high safety/crash ratings!”

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Happy to see that everyone is ok( the people in Volt, of course).

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Sorry, but this isn't a "good" story about the Volt's safety. Look at the intrusion into the rear passenger seat. If someone had been riding in that seat there would've been serious injury. The driver is simply lucky the point of impact was behind his seat and not in the drivers door.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Sorry, but this isn't a "good" story about the Volt's safety. Look at the intrusion into the rear passenger seat. If someone had been riding in that seat there would've been serious injury. The driver is simply lucky the point of impact was behind his seat and not in the drivers door.
I think the same could be said for just about every car.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
21,658 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
This will only be a big story with the news media when the batteries catch fire in 3 weeks, after they have been turned upside down, and cracked in some way.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Did you buy anyting yet?
Still can't drive per Dr orders, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide! I test rode a Camaro and Mustang and, of the two, I was shocked to like the Mustang (2014) better! It had a more open feeling cabin and seemed less bulky than the Camaro. Also looked at an Accord EXL V6 coupe...it was nicer than I expected, but after reading about the Class Action law suit settlement with Honda about the premature failure of the V6, I've crossed that off my list. I may look at a very low mileage G6 GXP coupe. I have a soft spot for Pontiacs and my Grand Am was very good to me!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I was watching that video and noticed this

That looks to be right near the Santa Ana mall and the Discovery Cube...could be just stored near there?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That is insane.. A real Shuttle out in the streets
Meh...it's 30 years old...yesterday's tech...the imports are much better!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts