GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOS ANGELES -- American Honda Motor Co. Inc. will add a small car to the Honda lineup next year and give Acura a second light truck sometime in the next two years, Executive Vice President Thomas Elliott disclosed last week.

Conceding a need for Honda to lure younger buyers, Elliott said the new car will be "a true entry-level car, cheaper than the Civic."

He declined to elaborate.

Jeff Schuster, director of product analysis for J.D. Power & Associates, said the Honda Fit is on his company's latest forecast for sale in the United States. "I have it coming in mid to late '05," he said.

The front-drive subcompact Honda Fit is sold in Japan as a four-door sedan, the Aria, and in Europe as the five-door Jazz. It is powered by gasoline engines ranging from 1.2 liters to 1.5 liters. The car is smaller than the Civic.

A dealer source said last week that Honda executives had told him the U.S. car will be a version of the Fit.

"It will be a car for young people in about the $12,000 range," said the source. "Young people will be able to accessorize it like the (Toyota) Scion."

Full Story HERE

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It looks better than the Aveo

·
Banned
895 Posts
Remember when the Accord was the same size as today's Civic?

Detroit tried this bigger is better approach.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I do remember when Civics were good, basic transportation but now they cost near what a full size family sedan would cost. Can you imagine financing over 16 grand for a Civic and paying near 20k after financing for a 4 banger? It’s a darn shame that people can be convinced to pay near 20k dollars for a Civic these days but in all fairness they have better interiors and are larger if not large. Most imports have been supersized for the American market but the Civic got more than just larger. Maybe this is an attempt to bring back what the Civic use to provide – good, basic, cheap transportation for the masses and not just overpriced icons for suburban kids who like chrome around the dials. Make an affordable Honda again? What the heck....sure.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by gerardo_zg@May 17 2004, 08:24 PM
I 2nd that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I definately see the similarity with the Aveo. How's that going for Chevy?? In all fairness we won't see them start to sell well until we get rid of all of the Cavaliers (many are selling for less then Aveos) but I just don't see the market.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon+May 17 2004, 10:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ May 17 2004, 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gerardo_zg@May 17 2004, 08:24 PM
I 2nd that. [/b][/quote]
I third that!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by Jay+May 18 2004, 08:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay @ May 18 2004, 08:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 10:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gerardo_zg
@May 17 2004, 08:24 PM

I 2nd that.
I third that! [/b][/quote]
I 4th that!!! :lol: This will just keep on goin...

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811+May 18 2004, 04:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RCtennis3811 @ May 18 2004, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 10:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gerardo_zg
@May 17 2004, 08:24 PM

I 2nd that.

I third that!
I 4th that!!! :lol: This will just keep on goin... [/b][/quote]
5th.

But I'll throw a Fit if I have to drive one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
922 Posts
I like the Aveo better... and when they figure out they should put the Kalos front clip on it... I'll 2nd myself.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I gotta say I would drive an aveo before a "fit" or "jazz"...... but give me a real car any day. (LeSabre, Grand Prix, Bonnie, Regal, Lacrosse, CTS,ect..)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts