GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Well, it looks better than a Prius, the lines look a lot better, however, that interior is a mess. There is SO MUCH going on right around the driver.

with the exterior, it looks like there isn't going to be too much changing between the concept and the production vehicle when put on sale. Probably just the lighting options.

The interior also looks pretty production other than all of the touch screen controls, especially the smaller ones on either side of the steering wheel and the window controls on the drivers side. I also doubt some of the materials will make it to production, but shape-wise, everything looks ready to go.

Overall, it is nice, but still has too much of a Prius look to it.

-Chase

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Exterior looks a little better than prius.

But the interior... oh boy I wouldnt want to be in there.
Nice attempt at copying the Volt speedo, but not as nice graphics and too expensive to put in a supposedly $20K production car. Same with the touch buttons, they wont make it unless honda sells these at a loss. And I hate those AC vents. And where do you put a cd? It just looks alot cheaper than the Volt, not nearly as space agey looking.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Talk about a Prius knock off. Although, it is better looking than the Prius.

The interior, however, could use a major re-doing. It was like Honda took the current Civic's interior and added neons and bright lights.

This is making the Volt look good by a lot.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Too busy? It has the same layout and buttons as the Fit. It actually looks very simple to use. And its also in the traditional honda set up. There is a good chance those buttons could in fact make it to production. I've never seen them on a Honda concept or production vehicle. The extra lighting is on a lot of honda concepts though.

Taking another look at the fit, i would say there is a very good chance those buttons are making it to the production version.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Wow it looks great inside and out....nice to finally see a rear view.....very well executed. I also like the Star Trekky interior. I wonder with that shape what the CD is? Thanks for posting this.
Agree 100%.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
It's still a concept.

I would imagine most of the light show and LED bulbs will be gone in production version.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Exterior looks a little better than prius.

But the interior... oh boy I wouldnt want to be in there.
Nice attempt at copying the Volt speedo...
Guess SOMEbody hasn't been in a new Civic lately...haha

Anyway...I'm liking it surprisingly. I'm actually really liking this and the FCX a hell of a lot more than the rest of the Honda's. Exterior looks very nice to me as a smaller FCX and the interior, knowing of course that certain things will be toned down, looks good as well.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The front end is pure ick (so is similar front end of CR-V). The rear end is kind of cool though - very futuristic and a lot sexier than Prius. I'm not crazy about the interior, but the production version may not be quite so funky and may end up being pretty nice.

Looks like someone at Honda attended GM's fake looking photography school.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
This is going to kill the Prius. Way cheaper, same drive train, and for those that care, Japanese. Toyota must be going nuts right about now.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
This is going to kill the Prius. Way cheaper, same drive train, and for those that care, Japanese. Toyota must be going nuts right about now.
Same drivetrain? It says it uses the IMA system with a CVT.

A cornerstone of the cost reduction is the refined version of Honda's award winning IMA system, combining an electric motor with a refined, low emission and efficient petrol engine. This petrol-electric engine and CVT gearbox together give low CO2 and NOx emissions, and also achieves inherently excellent refinement.
No Fuel Economy numbers?....meh
Sounds like we shouldn't expect much of an improvement over the Civic hybrid, not Prius levels.

CO2 emissions and fuel economy are targeted to be at a similar level to the existing Civic Hybrid, giving drivers a flexible and highly practical lower environmental impact car.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Same drivetrain? It says it uses the IMA system with a CVT.

Sounds like we shouldn't expect much of an improvement over the Civic hybrid, not Prius levels.
I thought this was a hybrid ala the Prius. That was all the hoopla in the press I saw.

Hence my statement "same drivetrain", meaning, same type of hybrid.

This article at Left Lane News has a Honda wonk claiming 71mpg. Probably Imperial, so about 55mpg Stateside.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I thought this was a hybrid ala the Prius. That was all the hoopla in the press I saw.

Hence my statement "same drivetrain", meaning, same type of hybrid.

This article at Left Lane News has a Honda wonk claiming 71mpg. Probably Imperial, so about 55mpg Stateside.
It will certainly offer the image of the Prius but won't have the same drivetrain. Hopefully it will offer an improvement that is noticable over the Civic since it should be more aerodynamic. We'll have to wait for the production model to see how good it is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts