GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOKYO -- Honda Motor Co. plans to launch an entry-level car cheaper than its Civic sedan in the United States in 2006, joining rival Toyota Motor Corp. in targeting the younger generation.

"Our customers have long been demanding a car in the class below the Civic," said Senior Managing Director Michiyoshi Hagino said in a midyear news conference. "By 2006 we believe demand will be even stronger, and this new car will be a necessity."

Toyota, Japan's top aut maker, has enjoyed surging sales for its Scion brand, which is aimed at young buyers looking for stylish cars priced under $16,000. The brand is available across the United States after being rolled out only in California a year ago.

Honda, which has an 8 percent share of the U.S. market, said it would also continue to launch products in the light-trucks segment, starting with the new Odyssey minivan this autumn and the car-based sport utility truck (SUT) next spring.

Elsewhere, Honda said it would continue to strengthen its minivan line in Japan, adding at least one new model or fully remodeling an existing one every year.

Full Article Here

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by bangstudios+Jul 15 2004, 06:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bangstudios @ Jul 15 2004, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Buick61@Jul 15 2004, 07:22 PM
Just what we need, more tin boxes with coffee can exhaust pipes crowding the roads...And I'm sure it'll be a styling knockout... <_<
... you mean like that wonderful piece of badge engineering, the Aveo? ;) [/b][/quote]
I'm sorry, but did you accidentally type badge engineering instead of bad engineering? :p

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't think Honda will sell like the Scions and by then more and more people will know who Scion are and want more of their products and Honda will be entering the "entry-level" late. :( :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Jul 15 2004, 05:08 PM

"Our customers have long been demanding a car in the class below the Civic," said Senior Managing Director Michiyoshi Hagino said in a midyear news conference.

Full Article Here
WHO would want a car in a class below the Civic???

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Originally posted by impala02+Jul 15 2004, 11:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala02 @ Jul 15 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@Jul 15 2004, 05:08 PM

"Our customers have long been demanding a car in the class below the Civic," said Senior Managing Director Michiyoshi Hagino said in a midyear news conference.

Full Article Here
WHO would want a car in a class below the Civic??? [/b][/quote]
Maybe I should've asked WHY someone would want a car in a class below the Civic, rather than WHO.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wasn't the Civic supposed to be America's small car? When it was first launched, everyone thought it was much too small. Well now it's the size of the original Accord. I honestly don't really mind the Aveos. I haven't met a guy yet who's wanted one but I know a lot of girls think they're "cute", but hey whatever works.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Honda and everyone else needs to build cool small cars. Not this little frump mobiles that you have to feel bad/ justify buying. Look at the new Scion TC for 16,400 loaded out the door. Even the cheaper Xa and Xb are at least different and in proportion. Cars like the Aveo look like they are running on 12" rims and seem out of proportion.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by banzai79@Jul 15 2004, 11:13 PM
Do you think kids will buy them and put fart-cans on the back of them? And then rev on F-bods and Mustangs??  :lol: I'm waiting for the Fast and Furious Aveo but haven't seen it yet.
well, feast your eyes on this..
RAZZI GROUND EFFECTS '04 CHEVROLET AVEO
(5 Door Hatchback) Kit # 198-200H
NOTE: THIS AVEO KIT WILL NOT FIT THE REGULAR 4 DOOR AVEO

Razzi Ground Effects is proud to introduce a new Ground Effects package for the New Chevrolet 2004 AVEO. The NEW Chevrolet Aveo is proving to be one of Chevrolet's "Hottest" selling vehicles for the younger buyer. Many Chevrolet Dealers and Aveo owners have already been asking for the New '04 AVEO Ground Effects - NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME TO START SHOWING THIS NEW RAZZI MODEL!

The Razzi 2004 Chevrolet AVEO Ground Effects Package makes the '04 Aveo an instant Sport Compact Competitor... ready for the "SHOW"! This Razzi "Aveo" package features a "Signature Razzi Splitter" Front Air Dam design including integrated brake cooling vents, a set of match designed Side Skirts, and a complementary Rear Air Dam featuring an aggressive Dual Exhaust Look! Both the Front and the Rear Air Dams will mount over the existing bumper fascia, so as not to interfere with any factory bumper cover "crash test results" or "Air Bag Sensing Safety Devices".
more info..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.