1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holden's designer heads for Korea
11:41 AEST Wed May 12 2004
Ninemsn, Australia

The man who designed the current Holden Commodore is heading overseas to work with Korean car producer Daewoo.

Max Wolff, 32, has accepted a position with GM Daewoo in Seoul to support General Motors Director of Asia-Pacific Design, Mike Simcoe.

Holden owns just over 40 per cent of GM Daewoo after a deal stitched up by parent company General Motors (GM) in 2002.

Mr Simcoe said Mr Wolff's appointment underlined Holden's strategic responsibility as a design centre of expertise.

He said it also reinforced GM's focus on generating locally conceived vehicles for the Asia-Pacific region.

Mr Wolff said the new job was an opportunity to expand Holden's design contributions into other markets.

"I am excited to be involved with the future of GM Daewoo and looking forward to enhancing the brand in its home market as well as overseas," he said.

Full Article Here

Maxx Wolff Designed Holden SSX:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Saying he designed the current Commodore is a bit rich. He has been a senior designer with Holden for a few years now though. Good luck to him though, having seen some of his work, I think he has a big future in Auto design.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
that be one cool car! i like that hatch/tailgate design. more as a gimick than anything... it's only slightly more useful than a normal hatch, i'd think. though it'd work for beach tailgate parties!

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
The time has arrived for the General to dispatch those scrappy, talented Melbourne folks (and their products) throughout GM's world. We will all be better off.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Whoa, that's a nice Holden! Should compete well with the MAZDA6 hatchback.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah I completely agree that we need to start exporting Holden's design expertice! I mean just look at the Commodore! What a beautiful car. Maybe we can use that as a starting point for the new Camaro.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Yeah I completely agree that we need to start exporting Holden's design expertice! I mean just look at the Commodore! What a beautiful car. Maybe we can use that as a starting point for the new Camaro.

Interesting idea if the next Camaro is a hatchback, but the word around the campfire is that it will have a conventional trunk and hardtop. It would be a neat idea for the Malibu Maxx.

I remember that the 1998 Pontiac Rageous concept car, which had hints of what might have been the next generation F body also had a 2 piece tailgate design very similar to the Holden above.

The funny thing was that my 1st thougt when I saw this article was " Damn..a GM designer jumps ship to a foreign company"...but then I remebered that GM owns Daewoo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts