GM Inside News Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
stupid creating a new GM brand. Just keep Holden as a scaled down brand with 30 to 50 dealers. Sell locally-converted Silverado, as well as current Acadia, Corvette, Trax and Equinox. As the mainstream GM products cease RHD, replace them with more locally converted US product (Tahoe, Colorado ZR2, Suburban) Aim for 20,000 to 30,000 sales a year and you are done. It means no massive re-branding exercise and keeps an existing nameplate to keep up the lucrative parts and servicing of 1.6 million current Holdens on the road. It also keeps their options open as electric cars take off and RHD becomes dead easy.

But still interested what happens with GMSV. Im surprised GM are bothering, but I suppose if they need to have a local presence due to parts and servicing I guess they figure they may as well sell some cars while they are at it.
my guess is this NEW approach allows them to sell the "converted" products using their "HOME" name IE Chevrolet Silverado and removes ANY expectation of AUS production and ANOTHER V8 Commodore OR even "value minded vehicles not to mention I would bet Wilkensaw is a BIG push and is taking on a LOT of the "risk"

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
Nor should they give those parasites anymore money. They should add extra tax to the cars they try sell here till the money gm owes the Govt is paid back.
The "greedy yank" tax would seem an appropriate name ;)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I heard that they were going to use this as the new logo:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks. I wonder if Holden has actually been able to sell their remaining vehicles in the dealerships or if they are still stuck with them.
At absolute worst they'd be registered and sold in the 2nd hand network I'd think. Somebody will buy them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks. I wonder if Holden has actually been able to sell their remaining vehicles in the dealerships or if they are still stuck with them.
I know one of the independant dealers needs my place ended up with a bunch of low km Commodores and Equinox's and are selling them cheap, if i could afford a car right now i'd be looking at a ZB the prices are ridiculous

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I know one of the independant dealers needs my place ended up with a bunch of low km Commodores and Equinox's and are selling them cheap, if i could afford a car right now i'd be looking at a ZB the prices are ridiculous
What kind of prices?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Graham Jacka Holden in country Victoria is now Maryborough Toyota.

What GM taketh away, Toyota giveth.

Jacka1.jpg

41 - 55 of 55 Posts