·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holden Unveil 60th Anniversay Special Edition Ute

GM Holden
20 April 2008
www.holden.com.au

GM Holden will unveil its new value-packed VE Ute 60th Anniversary Special Editionat the National 4x4 Show in Brisbane this week.

Adding to an already impressive list of standard features including ESP® and 18-inch alloy wheels, the VE Ute 60th Anniversary Special Edition boasts over $2,000# of extra value, including leather faced seats and alloy foot pedals.

Based on the popular SV6 model in Holden’s award winning VE Ute range, the VE Ute 60th Anniversary Special Edition includes the following additional features:
· Onyx leather seat trim
· Bluetooth® connectivity for compatible mobile phones
· Sports profile steering wheel
· 6 disc in dash MP3 compatible CD player
· Alloy foot pedals
· 60th Anniversary floor mats
· 60th Anniversary badge on rear tailgate

Expected in dealerships mid-May, the VE Ute 60th Anniversary Special Edition is priced at $36,990* (manual) and $37,990* (automatic).

Available Colours include (metallic paint $400 extra):
Heron White
Redhot
Karma metallic
Atomic metallic
Nitrate metallic
Phantom metallic
Voodoo metallic
Crunch metallic

Holden Introduces Sporty Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions

GM Holden
28 April 2008
www.holden.com.au

GM Holden has introduced two Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions each offering over $3,000* worth of extra value and enhanced sports styling.

Available in LT and LX 4 x4 versions, the Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions include a range of additional features such as a chrome sports bar, side steps and Bluetooth® connectivity for compatible mobile phones.

The LT Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Edition features rear park sensors enhancing safety for passengers and pedestrians, while the LX edition features a towbar package.

GM Holden Marketing Manager Teresa Basile said that the Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions would appeal to buyers looking for a light commercial vehicle that was tough enough to get all the hard jobs done.

‘The Rodeo continues to prove itself as a tough workhorse with up to 3,000kg towing capacity. With the addition of a number of exterior and safety features including rear park sensors on the LT model, the Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions are equipped with more than enough features to deal with the demands of their owners,’ Ms Basile said.

In addition to the standard LX and LT, the Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editionsinclude the following features:

LX – Available in 4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX V6, Petrol & TD (Auto & Manual)
Chrome sports bar
Side steps
Towbar package
Bluetooth® connectivity for compatible mobile phones
Special 60th Anniversary badge

LT - Available in 4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LT V6 Petrol & TD (Auto & Manual)
Chrome sports bar
Side steps
Rear park sensors
Bluetooth® connectivity for compatible mobile phones
Special 60th Anniversary badge

The Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions are available in a range of colours with metallic paint an additional $300:

· Alpine White
· Sterling Silver Metallic
· Impulse Blue Metallic
· Royal Grey Metallic
· Imperial Blonde Metallic
· Tornade Red Metallic
· Black Sapphire Metallic

On sale 1 May, recommended retail prices for the Rodeo 60th Anniversary Special Editions are as follows:

4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX V6 Petrol Manual $32,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX V6 Petrol/ABS Manual $33,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX V6 Petrol Auto $34,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX V6 Petrol/ABS Auto $35,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX Diesel Manual $33,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX Diesel/ABS Manual $34,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX Diesel Auto $35,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LX Diesel/ABS Auto $36,990#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LT V6 Petrol Manual $39,490#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LT V6 Petrol Auto $41,490#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LT Diesel Manual $41,490#
4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up LT Diesel $43,490#

60th Anniversary Holden Ute and Rodeo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Holden Celebrates 60th Anniversary With Special Edition VE Ute

I dont think that a sv6 ute with a few extra features is going to steer many show goers away from seeing an all new falcon ute model.

Good on them for trying though

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

Doesn't do anything for me, but maybe someone will like it.
As it is not the US/Canada , I am sure quite a few Australians and New Zealanders will like it. You would get a similar reaction to yours from a Aussie/New Zealander who was discussing the Silverado and a North American audience.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

Wow, they really went all out. :rolleyes:
yeah its a bit of a JOKE

·
Registered
306 Posts

I agree with YupYup actually, mainly because there's nothing at all special about this version. If it were supercharged and had unique rims and a new colour or a new bodykit it would be nice, but this is just kinda 'yeah, whatever...'.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

As it is not the US/Canada , I am sure quite a few Australians and New Zealanders will like it. You would get a similar reaction to yours from a Aussie/New Zealander who was discussing the Silverado and a North American audience.
That's why I said "...maybe someone will like it." You just proved my statement.

Just a note, judging by some of the new Holden's we have seen I would not say there is a consesus on styling preference anymore. There are some really audacious designs coming out in Australia.

·
Registered
306 Posts

An AWD ute would have be sweet, I've only ever seen one Coupe 4 in my life and that was one cruising around in testing..

..what happened to that/Holdens AWD system? I know it was used in the Adventra at one stage but...

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts

It was a bit limited and also developed on an old platform obviously. Aside from what was essentially a knee jerk to the Territory, it wasn't engineered for LHD so I wouldn't imagine it getting another start on Zeta. One would hope that with the advent of Saabs Haldex Setup, there may be a better, more modern and capable setupin the works, for both hemispheres.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Got to agree with MikMak. The older VZ Adventra allwheel drive was really a knee jerk reaction to Ford. Although relatively competant (I've got one with work and love it) I wouldn't want want one with the fuel bill (V6 or V8). Now if they could 'link' into something like the SAAB system and produce a modern system, I'd be all over it. Love my Adventra but get with the times and bring on something special.
And yeah Holden, a few little 'extras' doesn't make a special car (or ute)

·
Registered
11,887 Posts

It was a bit limited and also developed on an old platform obviously. Aside from what was essentially a knee jerk to the Territory, it wasn't engineered for LHD so I wouldn't imagine it getting another start on Zeta. One would hope that with the advent of Saabs Haldex Setup, there may be a better, more modern and capable setupin the works, for both hemispheres.
The VE is already AWD proofed with the floor stamping having the clearances already built in. I would suggest that Holden used the Cadillac AWD system for proofing the platform, as when and if they go with AWD it will likely be shared with Cadillac.

;)

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts

Welcome to GMi Calais6666. What sort of consumption do you get with the SX6? We considered one for a while but Mrs. Mak wants something smaller than our wagon. Currently likes the Captiva (I know its taller and wider but if I keep my mouth shut we might get away with one :D). I'm a big fan of the Adventras but it's more one eyed than a logic based admiration. ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

Hahahaha....SV6 = Montana...lol....im tired. Good night.

·
Registered
650 Posts

The thing is that they're devaluing the 60th Anniversary thing by spreading it widely but thinly (other VEs have had a turn) and the Holden ute itself is only 58 (i.e. born in 1950) - not that I wouldn't mind looking that trim and muscular at 58 (10 more years to get trim and muscular..).
But I guess it also allows them to make a big fuss over 60 years of utes in two years time, like they did the 50th anniversary in 1998..
I just wish they'd struck a badge for any model commemorating it (not a blurry "decal" that can be scratched off and thus lost, grrr) like they did for GM's 50th anniversary in Australia - was it really way back in 1976? I think so!

·
Registered
85 Posts

We considered one for a while but Mrs. Mak wants something smaller than our wagon. Currently likes the Captiva (I know its taller and wider but if I keep my mouth shut we might get away with one :D). I'm a big fan of the Adventras but it's more one eyed than a logic based admiration. ;)
Recommend a SV6 sportwagon to her. Its smaller isnt it :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
14 Posts

Oh...I thought it was an AWD when I first saw it. Oh well, hopefully the Holden guys are just busy working on the Torana.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.