Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you guys would appreciate this:

56K Warning: :downloading:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Holy Crap! that's HUGE!! great picture though....
I can almost read the DOT # off the tire :lol:
Is it just me or does the guy look like he's crossing his eyes? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More pics will come closer to NYIAS which is in April. Engines specs are simple:

STS V6: 3.6L VVT-V6 260HP
STS V8: 4.6L Northstar V8 320HP
STS -V: TT 4.6L Norsthar V8 401+ HP

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
for some reason I would wanted to see a younger person at the wheel... doing a burnout with all 4 wheels!! :D

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Ho-res or low-res, I still think they softened it up too much. People are very comfortable with the edge of CTS and others in the lineup, but this is a step backwards. It's a decent-looking car, but just not distinctive. The CTS has been out for two or three years now. Instead of blazing further down the path of style leadership, which has helped turn Cadillac around, they're back in 1998 someplace. This is no more striking than a Honda Accord with stacked headlamps. Sorry. Bob Lutz at work here...he ordered the softening of the car when he arrived at GM....fortunately the CTS clay had already been frozen.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by desmo9@Mar 6 2004, 03:43 PM
People are very comfortable with the edge of CTS and others in the lineup, but this is a step backwards. It's a decent-looking car, but just not distinctive. The CTS has been out for two or three years now. Instead of blazing further down the path of style leadership, which has helped turn Cadillac around, they're back in 1998 someplace. This is no more striking than a Honda Accord with stacked headlamps.  Sorry. Bob Lutz at work here...he ordered the softening of the car when he arrived at GM....fortunately the CTS clay had already been frozen.
Yeah, I agree. I guess they were trying to ensure that at least one car in the lineup would appeal to old fogeys who love their 1998 Sevilles and hate the new CTS styling...or something. :p

My father likes the looks of the Cadillacs, but hates the rear end of CTS. "Too busy and too angular".

Let's hope for his sake that the rear doesn't look like this:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Mar 6 2004, 04:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Mar 6 2004, 04:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-desmo9@Mar 6 2004, 03:43 PM
People are very comfortable with the edge of CTS and others in the lineup, but this is a step backwards. It's a decent-looking car, but just not distinctive. The CTS has been out for two or three years now. Instead of blazing further down the path of style leadership, which has helped turn Cadillac around, they're back in 1998 someplace. This is no more striking than a Honda Accord with stacked headlamps.  Sorry. Bob Lutz at work here...he ordered the softening of the car when he arrived at GM....fortunately the CTS clay had already been frozen.
Yeah, I agree. I guess they were trying to ensure that at least one car in the lineup would appeal to old fogeys who love their 1998 Sevilles and hate the new CTS styling...or something. :p

My father likes the looks of the Cadillacs, but hates the rear end of CTS. "Too busy and too angular".

Let's hope for his sake that the rear doesn't look like this:

[/b][/quote]
The CTS rear should lok less busy now, because we are now using body colored licsense plate pockets, as for the STS rear it looks similar to all the new Caddy's... think DeVille meets CTS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts