GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing on the Chevrolet website and liked the High Country appeal of the trucks, mainly the saddle leather. I was curious as to what the thoughts were on a Chevy truck sub-brand of High Country (like Denali). I would at least like the option of that leather on other trucks/SUV's.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
I'm not even reading your post to tell you no, it's a stupid idea.

High Country is too regional in appeal and nobody outside of the midwest and under 50 will buy a "Cruze High Country" or anything of the sort.

No.

Chevrolet sort of has a brand with LTZ... but it's just a trim. Just like Denali, at this point. ;)

That's the danger of High Country in my opinion, it steps on the toes of GMC.
No, it doesn't.

Chevy is Chevy, GMC is GMC. Brand separates them. Same principle as Buick NOT complementing Cadillac's lineup, they're two completely different brands.

Chevy and GMC are less defined, so there's more "danger," but not really. They're within spitting distance of each other in the price of everything, and luckily Chevy has such an abysmal image in some circles that people will buy a GMC because it isn't a Chevy... even though they're basically the same thing.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
A very limited number of Chevy products could use the HC treatment. The Silverado, Tahoe, and Suburban are naturals. Other than that, though, I'm not so sure.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray High Country?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it come with a cowboy hat and some wheat to chew on?
Y'all folks from New Jersey may be to sophisticated with your shore, fist pumping, and other cliches (insert anyone from the Jersey Shore train-wreck) for some saddle leather and such, but us Midwestern folk might have a shiny nickle in our pocket to put on a new Suburban or Tahoe with the HC treatment. Shoooot.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm not even reading your post to tell you no, it's a stupid idea.

High Country is too regional in appeal and nobody outside of the midwest and under 50 will buy a "Cruze High Country" or anything of the sort.

No.

Chevrolet sort of has a brand with LTZ... but it's just a trim. Just like Denali, at this point. ;)

No, it doesn't.

Chevy is Chevy, GMC is GMC. Brand separates them. Same principle as Buick NOT complementing Cadillac's lineup, they're two completely different brands.

Chevy and GMC are less defined, so there's more "danger," but not really. They're within spitting distance of each other in the price of everything, and luckily Chevy has such an abysmal image in some circles that people will buy a GMC because it isn't a Chevy... even though they're basically the same thing.
Tell that to Ford King Ranch........

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
High Country is a stupid brand/trim name. If they want to spread it across the lineup they should first change the name. And then continue to make it compete with king ranch. Denali should continue to compete with "limited" models and offer exclusive content.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chevrolet completely missed the boat with the High Country. It is a very poor attempt at competing with King Ranch. I had a customer who was on the fence between a King Ranch F250, but wanted to see the interior of a High Country first. I was embarrassed showing that truck.
The mahogany leather in the Tahoe/Suburban is much more appealing, especially without the gaudy white piping. Too much chrome, no two-tone, nothing that really grabs your attention. It looks like someone went on a shopping spree at Autozone.
This truck might grab buyers in Colorado, but in Texas it will not do well.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Y'all folks from New Jersey may be to sophisticated with your shore, fist pumping, and other cliches (insert anyone from the Jersey Shore train-wreck) for some saddle leather and such, but us Midwestern folk might have a shiny nickle in our pocket to put on a new Suburban or Tahoe with the HC treatment. Shoooot.
You mean, actually getting to see the OCEAN (it exists, I swear) and being sandwiched between two major cities? Ever had a goiter because you didn't get enough iodine in your diet?

High Country treatments on Tahoes and Suburbans isn't a Denali-like brand, it's a top trim for your trucks meant to go against things like King Ranch and Longhorn to pander to oakies and wannabe cowboys.

That's fine, but it isn't the
sub-brand of High Country (like Denali)
that you suggested.

Never will be.

Tell that to Ford King Ranch........
I will, right after there's a Ford Mustang King Ranch, a Ford Fiesta King Ranch, a Ford Escape King Ranch, a Ford Edge King Ranch...

High Country is a stupid brand/trim name. If they want to spread it across the lineup they should first change the name. And then continue to make it compete with king ranch. Denali should continue to compete with "limited" models and offer exclusive content.
The take rate on Denalis is so ridiculously high. Pickins are good to move upmarket, either WITH Denali or ABOVE Denali.

I would craft a more distinct "Denali" look and bump the features and price up a bit to try to bring it back up to the pinnacle of truck excellence, and I'd include a premium trim below it with a different look and feel. Maybe finally give All Terrain an actual use...

·
Registered
11 Posts
You people that think New Jersey is Jersey Shore and the turnpike make me laugh! I live in the Jersey Pinelands, 30 minutes from the ocean by truck, (I have 5) 45 minutes to Philadelphia, 15 feet to a river with a boat sitting on it that goes to the ocean.All surrounded by 100,000 acres of state owned land where we hunt deer 5 months a year! Dont knock til you see it

·
Banned
369 Posts
I totally agree with the concept of having a Chevrolet trim level above the "LTZ" equal to the "Denali" as there are many GMC fans who will just not consider a Chevrolet. But who thought "High Country" was an adequate moniker? How about something like Cheyenne? Now that name exudes upscale and excitement.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think it could only apply to the Trucks. Silverado, Tahoe and Suburban. Maybe even the Traverse. Because the GMC Acadia has a Denali package...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You people that think New Jersey is Jersey Shore and the turnpike make me laugh! I live in the Jersey Pinelands, 30 minutes from the ocean by truck, (I have 5) 45 minutes to Philadelphia, 15 feet to a river with a boat sitting on it that goes to the ocean.All surrounded by 100,000 acres of state owned land where we hunt deer 5 months a year! Dont knock til you see it
Nothing against anyone from New Jersey just someone in particular who seems to think the Midwest is full of hicks who know nothing about the world

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.