GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by mantis662@Oct 30 2003, 06:08 PM
The scary part is people will actually buy that piece of crap. :flush:
of course they will cuz yuppies cant think for themselves and infinitiy made ONE good car, g35, so now all the yuppies think these are the best in the world. funny how it is yuppie americans see a quasy lux company come out with one good car and then they think that company can only make good cars or somthing. yet if its an american company they have to do a compleate 180 to get any respect. ie caddy cts srx escalade xlr sts, and even then yuppies cant believe that these could be even close to as good as thier little bmw's and mb's

:frankie: I am yuppie must follow, can not make up our own minds

·
Registered
685 Posts
Sweet! :D .

That's one the ugliest SUV's I have seen! Good job Infiniti. Let's see what Japanese Luxury maker can top that!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mmmmm, yummy. You can see much of the Armada's ugliness carried over. Keeping it in the family, I guess.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
wow- that's worse than the Armada IMO-- **recalls a recent time when American automakers were constantly judged because of their transparent "rebading" techniques** When are these Japanese automakers going to stop the blatent rebadging!? :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
:blink:
Here I thought Infiniti's designers were getting the hang of spining out fashionable designs... But this IS horrid! You'd think they'd have gotten a clue with there other <smaller> SUV which is just as Hideous.

I guess it goes to prove that people will pay $50k+ for anything if it has an 'up-scale' badge on it. I knew that applied to BMW, I didn't realize it worked for Infinity as well...

:lol:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Actually, only about 600,000 vehicles are built with the Infiniti badge each year. Most of these are I-35 and G-35. Making a drastically different SUV probably wouldn't be profitable... and remember the financial mess Nissan is in, and that they are partially controlled by Peuguot (or is it Renault, one of those French companies).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002@Oct 30 2003, 08:47 PM
Actually, only about 600,000 vehicles are built with the Infiniti badge each year. Most of these are I-35 and G-35. Making a drastically different SUV probably wouldn't be profitable... and remember the financial mess Nissan is in, and that they are partially controlled by Peuguot (or is it Renault, one of those French companies).
Actually it's Renault who bosses Nissan and Infinity. And I have to agree with many that the only distinctive AND good looking car that Infinity ever produced, including the original Q45 is the G35 (It even has hints of the Caddy CTS on the front end!!!)
Seems like Pontiac fired their Aztek designers whom went on to work at Honda for the Element and then to Nissan for the Armada and then to this Infinity...thing...So this new QX 56 is going into production eh!! Good for them... :p I like to have a good laugh in traffic!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by jmiller417@Oct 30 2003, 06:30 PM
Yikes! Reminds me of the station wagon in Vacation.
haha- I can SO see this. do you think it has the double taillights too? Oh wow- I think I can see Aunt Edna sitting in the back seat! :D

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Nissan/Infiniti were on a styling roll with the Altima and G35. I really like the G35 exterior styling. However, every other vehicle they have come out with had been just plain odd looking. The Maxima, Quest, M45, Armada, Titan, etc. are all really weird looking.

Granted, Inifiniti/Nissan can afford to do this since they are not a huge player like Toyota/Lexus who has to play it overly safe styling-wise, but yikes, these vehicles make the G35 look ugly by association.

The people complaing about mindless yuppies buying this stuff up should think of why they only consider GM cars worth their money.

I used to be a die-hard GM fan in the 1980's and 1990's. I owned nothing but Chevrolets (1967 Camaro, 1976 Chevette (DISCLAIMER: first car - bought from parents!), 1990 Beretta, 1995 Corvette, 1996 S-10, and 1998 Malibu) until I decided I got tired of the comprises in quality, engineering, and product choices I was forcing on myself. The turning point came when I needed to get a minivan in 2001. How could I justify buying a Venture/Transport/etc. over something like an Oddysey? It was more expensive, less powerful, did poorly on crash test, and was feature deficient. Now that I have the Oddysey I know what a smooth powerful V6 is SUPPOSED to be like.

I'm still rooting for GM and they are showing real signs of progress, but I'm never going to mindlessly limit myself to one brand or one company again. Being brand indifferent is much smarter in my mind.

I hope GM makes something I want to get soon, I have a $3,500 GM card rebate I'm dying to use.

Mark

·
Registered
43,819 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002@Oct 30 2003, 03:47 PM
Am I mistaken or something?
But if Infiniti cranks out 600K autos a year.... that would mean their sales are greater than Cadillacs... :blink: :huh:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts