GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I came back to my computer and turned on my Computer's TV and saw that the Pontiac Infomercial was on. So I recorded it on to my hard drvie and captured hi-res still images off of that video of the Coupe and Vert G6...

From what I have seen, there are the clearist pics yet...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Not bad....looks like the convertible has the back end up in the air a little.

·
Registered
114 Posts
well im glad to see the G6 coupe and convertible pictures but i dont like the taillights at all theyre somewhat similar to the upcoming Solstice but i think they should be either more like the Solstice when the idea first came out or like the concept G6 its should be either one but i dont like the the taillights...the G6 coupe should be somewhat as as stylish as the Grand Prix but also be a stylish as the other coupes and convertibles but be a TRUE Pontiac convertible and coupe...just look at the current Grand Am theyre selling well but shouldve given a convertible version of it not just a coupe it mightve been the best selling pontiac ever built but it wasnt done so dont make the mistake a 2nd time pontiac make it a true pontiac coupe and convertible..

·
Super Moderator
10,867 Posts
Originally posted by pmartin@May 24 2004, 12:18 PM
The coupe has almost the same roofline as the G35 Coupe. Anybody else see the resemblence?
Yes! Most definitely resembles the G35 Coupe. I like it a great deal.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Originally posted by pmartin@May 24 2004, 05:18 PM
The coupe has almost the same roofline as the G35 Coupe. Anybody else see the resemblence?
Yes, and if that's the case, then I guess I'll like this car quite a bit.

I will reserve final judgement until I see it in person, though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by pmartin@May 24 2004, 05:18 PM
The coupe has almost the same roofline as the G35 Coupe.  Anybody else see the resemblence?
I like it, but the roofline does resemble the G35... Not to mention, those taillights remind me a bit of the 350Z.

5,934 Posts
Good lookin' ride. I guess the is a little similarity with the G35, except this will be more car than the G35. The G35 has cheap plastic, and I'm hoping the interior materals in this have more substance.

As far as similarities with the Solstice. Well it should have some of the same materials and style. They are both Pontiacs, right?! This is a businiess, and the goal is to maximize profits. You can't use whole new materials for each model. GM is getting the material selection right.

GM is gaining momentum.

:afro:

5,934 Posts
This may snag some Passat drivers.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
They look good, but I like the G6 sedan better than the coupe or convertable. It's obviously a 2 door version of a 4 door car. Just like I think the old Grand Prix 4 door looked better than the 2 door.

Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here are two lightened versions of the coupe and convertible so you can see more detail:

Coupe:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph..._gallery&id=367

Convertible:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph..._gallery&id=368

And very nice looking, non-typical GM dash:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph..._gallery&id=369

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to post photos, so I just quickly published these two to the 'garage' feature. Anyone who'd like to publish these so they can be seen is MORE than welcome. I only modified the lighting, sharpness (although difficult to tell a difference), and enhanced the color.

Nice car -- it reminds me more of the little Acura coupe (name?) than any other, but how different can 2-doors-with-a-trunk cars be? It 'screams' Pontiac to me, and I'm sure that's what's most important, IMHO ... B)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have this recorded on tape but had no idea how to get them to my computer. I see the infomercial almost everyday on SPEED when i wake up, the third time around I remembered to record it. The Solstice looks BEAUTIFUL in the shots on the infomercial. Wow...

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by ozone_GTX@May 24 2004, 03:33 PM
I have this recorded on tape but had no idea how to get them to my computer. I see the infomercial almost everyday on SPEED when i wake up, the third time around I remembered to record it. The Solstice looks BEAUTIFUL in the shots on the infomercial. Wow...
I don't think there is a way to get them to your PC....That I know of.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It looks like Pontiac has outdone itself this time. I'll reserve my final judgement till I see the car in person but I definately think they're doing this one right!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts