GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the "executive office" taking care of some "paperwork" a bit earlier, and I got to pondering, as I often do.

Can you name a movie in which -every- character (major, minor, bit, other) dies?

I thought of two. Stalingrad, btw, is not one of them. And one of them is arguable on a technicality.

Ghrankenstein

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Only Tommy Lee Jones died in Space Cowboys. Everyone else lived.

And in Private Ryan, Ryan lived, so that disqualifies it.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Event Horizon comes to mind...

and Alien 3...

Basically any action, horror, or sci-fi movie where the main character sacrifices himself/herself for the greater good after all of the other characters have been killed off.

Generally these "French Endings" are not well received in America. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind, I'm talking -every- -single- character, no matter how brief.

The one's I'm thinking of are relatively obscure, and both by the same director.

Ghrank

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider+Feb 14 2004, 12:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rex Raider @ Feb 14 2004, 12:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PontiacJ8@Feb 14 2004, 12:44 AM
Robert De Niro in 15 Minutes?
Did you even read this thread? [/b][/quote]
Blah :unsure: I don't watch many movies

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alrighty. Both flicks -I'm- thinking of are both pre-1985, and I'm shocked that other geeks haven't gotten at least one right. Both are fairly obscure, especially the first, but the director is well known.

Ghrank

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alrighty, I'll kill it then. The two flicks are both John Carpenter movies: "The Thing" has the two surviving characters about to freeze to death at the end. In Dark Star, the space ship is blown up by an overly philosophical bomb.

Ghrank

·
Registered
122 Posts
In the recent remake of the classisc "Dawn of the Dead", viewers assume all die or will die based on the ending.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts