GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are all well aware of the economic ****storm that has emerged recently. The flow on effect is obviously going to affect car buying caution.

Before the downturn, there was already a strong taste of vanilla in the car market with a few shiny lights. Social pressure/conscience was pushing hard towards more efficient vehicles, in conceert with people wanting every bell and whistle for their dollar.

Does this spell the end (at least in the short term) of driving excitement? We've heard about lines being trimmed, platforms getting the axe and strong opposition to RWD development. How long until we are all driving Aveos/Lada Samaras/Honda Jazzeseseses?

More to the point, will there be a move to delete extraneous luxuries? Will this result in people being more appreciative of what they have? Will I ever stop bitching about the lack of affordable RWD manual cars?

:lmao:

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Cars used to be efficient. They only had a speedometer and gas gauge. Only had a steering wheel and brakes for control, no fancy traction control, stability control, ABS, no screen based NAV (but a map in the glovebox and a compass stuck on the dash), no auto dimming mirror, no 17 speaker system...

good mileage. Would I give those things up? No.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
...and strong opposition to RWD development.
See...this I've not quite understood...completely. I mean, I understand why MOST people want FWD. BUT, luxury car makers (BMW, etc.) have RWD vehicles...and nobody seems to complain about that...and, I see quite a few of those on the road each day, too....

And, mikmak, I hope you stop bitching about the lack of RWD manual cars soon ... because that means they will be HERE ;).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Just a little insight won't make this right" ... All-American Rejects ... 'It Ends Tonight'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts