GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS MINDING MY OWN BUISNESS THE OTHER DAY GETTING ON THE FREEWAY AND THIS JACKASS IN A HEMI RAM LOOKS OVER AT ME. I KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING SO I DISCRETELY SHIFTED DOWN TO 1ST GEAR, FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW CADILLAC'S HAVE A LAUNCH MODE BUILT INTO THE TRANNY IF YOU LOCK IT IN 1ST IT SHIFTS AT MAX REVS AND RAISES THE LINE PRESSURE IN THE TRANS. AND SURE ENOUGH THE GUY MUST HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NEW COMMERCIALS BECAUSE HE FLOORED IT AND GOT THE JUMP OFF THE LINE. I THOUGHT NOT BAD AS I FLOORED IT TO CATCH HIM ABOUT 40 MPH I JUMP OUT AND GO AROUND HIM....JUST FREAKING KILLED HIM AND HE TRIES TO FLOOR IT SO I CAN'T GET IN FRONT OF HIM....NOPE...I LOVE MY DTS. TO ALL YOU TRUCK DRIVERS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LIGHTNING OR RAM SRT-10 TAKE YOUR RACING SHOES OFF!!

·
Registered
44,258 Posts
Originally posted by germeezy1@Dec 7 2003, 05:02 AM
I WAS MINDING MY OWN BUISNESS THE OTHER DAY GETTING ON THE FREEWAY AND THIS JACKASS IN A HEMI RAM LOOKS OVER AT ME. I KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING SO I DISCRETELY SHIFTED DOWN TO 1ST GEAR, FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW CADILLAC'S HAVE A LAUNCH MODE BUILT INTO THE TRANNY IF YOU LOCK IT IN 1ST IT SHIFTS AT MAX REVS AND RAISES THE LINE PRESSURE IN THE TRANS. AND SURE ENOUGH THE GUY MUST HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NEW COMMERCIALS BECAUSE HE FLOORED IT AND GOT THE JUMP OFF THE LINE. I THOUGHT NOT BAD AS I FLOORED IT TO CATCH HIM ABOUT 40 MPH I JUMP OUT AND GO AROUND HIM....JUST FREAKING KILLED HIM AND HE TRIES TO FLOOR IT SO I CAN'T GET IN FRONT OF HIM....NOPE...I LOVE MY DTS. TO ALL YOU TRUCK DRIVERS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LIGHTNING OR RAM SRT-10 TAKE YOUR RACING SHOES OFF!!
:lol:

DTS's are the most mundane looking cars that you'd NEVER in a million years guess that those things can run with the best of 'em.
I love it!!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I think the best part of this is the fact the Ram driver thought he was picking on the little guy. He'll be seeing the backside of a Baja Turbo before too long.

Ghrank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts