GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I'm no longer stranded

Hey guys. I'm posting from my Treo. My Forester is stuck on a seasonal road west of Grayling, north of M72. If any of you guys are nearby and could give me a tug (ive got a strap) please call me 517-285-1798. It isn't THAT stuck. I've been here a few hours...some snowmobilers tried to push me out but to no avail. Tried sticking logs under the wheels. I even stood at M72 trying to wave down 4x4 vehicles but nobody would stop. No towing companies available. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
You want I should call the police?

And now I'm totally going to send you inane Pix Messages in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
It sucks I'm not closer... I have a 4x4 F150 with studded winter tires on that's currently sitting in the driveway... I'd have been glad to help.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
It sucks I'm not closer... I have a 4x4 F150 with studded winter tires on that's currently sitting in the driveway... I'd have been glad to help.
Huh, you are supposed to be outside :D Well okay in a few hours:D

How did you stick logs under the wheels? Just kick them in or jack up the car and rest the wheel on top of it? Whenever I get stuck usually I need to do something like that to get out, when I try pulling with another car I just get two cars stuck :p:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Just gave him a call to check his status. He is still stuck. Those snowmobilers are gonna try to get him out with a Yukon if it can stay on the snow pack and not go through.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
I thought that all Subaru's have AWD.
How badly are you stuck and how deep I wonder.
GL

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Sorry, I'm 2 hours south in the Flint area, otherwise I'd bring my Suburban and tow strap. My sister-in-law has a cottage by Lake Margrethe, but they aren't up there this weekend.
Dig out in front of each of your wheels, use floor mats for traction, get it rocking - sorry, this is about all I have to offer.

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
OD will be coming to pull you out with his Camry. :)

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
If I leave now I can be there in about 13 hours, the Neon should make it.
Bring firewood, Hershey's bars, marshmallows, graham crackers, and flares.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I thought that all Subaru's have AWD.
How badly are you stuck and how deep I wonder.
GL
The Gaylord/Grayling area of MI gets a good amount of snow. They have received about 140" so far this winter last time I checked, so if he is on a seasonal road, he might not be able to get out even with AWD. I don't understand why he would say that no tow trucks are available. Maybe not available at this time, but he should get one soon. Someone should be available in Grayling, Kalkaska or even Ward Eaton Towing in Traverse City.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I snapped my neighbours brand new tow strap last weekend (while doubled), I usually need 30,000lb straps to get me out.

Hope you have got a tug by now though, cause I know what it feels like to be stuck.

Do you have a shovel?

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
I snapped my neighbours brand new tow strap last weekend (while doubled), I usually need 30,000lb straps to get me out.

Hope you have got a tug by now though, cause I know what it feels like to be stuck.

Do you have a shovel?
Shovels are helpful.
One of the best traction aids is fireplace ashes, also clay cat litter (the cheap stuff) is very good.
Just don't track either of these into the house. Like I said, they stick.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
When we talked he said another GMi member might be able to get to him. I sent him a text, looking for an update.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Shovels are helpful.
One of the best traction aids is fireplace ashes, also clay cat litter (the cheap stuff) is very good.
Just don't track either of these into the house. Like I said, they stick.
I run 5, 80lb bags of sand to ballast the 8' pro plow on the front of my truck, but usually all 4 wheels are off the ground when I get stuck.

I usually have to get the "jack all" out, jack it up, and push the truck sideways. Onto solid snow. 4x4's usually donot get stuck, they get hung up (all 4 wheels off the ground) thats why GM's drop frame sucks. I usually get hung up below the cab, on the frame rails.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys thanks for the calls posts, and support. I'm out of the snow and heading back home. Details later.And yes I have pix

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the calls posts, and support. I'm out of the snow and heading back home. Details later.And yes I have pix
Good, about time is all I can say.

What time shall we all drop by for somoas? :):)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts