GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been recently pointed out to me that my headliner is sagging above the driver seat and passenger seat. It is fine in the middle but both sides are sagging. I've read some posts here and in other forums where this has happened. Has GM recognized this issue and corrected it? It was pointed out to me last night so I will be calling the dealership tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It has been recently pointed out to me that my headliner is sagging above the driver seat and passenger seat. It is fine in the middle but both sides are sagging. I've read some posts here and in other forums where this has happened. Has GM recognized this issue and corrected it? It was pointed out to me last night so I will be calling the dealership tomorrow morning.

There is a fix for this problem: http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?s=headliner&search=Search

Scroll down to "Headlinger Repairs". It documents the problem and the necessary repairs. You may want to print a copy of the article and take it to your dealer. Please note this is not an extended warranty - but rather instructions on how to fix the problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
heck no, they have had that problem since the 1970's

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
heck no, they have had that problem since the 1970's
There are tons of old GM cars still going with sagging headliners (most evident in the summer when windows are down) but it never fell in my Reatta and hasn't in my finacee's Corsica :confused:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
There are tons of old GM cars still going with sagging headliners (most evident in the summer when windows are down) but it never fell in my Reatta and hasn't in my finacee's Corsica :confused:
The OP was posting about the headliner and backing assembly sagging. On older GM cars - the headliner material would separate and sag after the foam underlayment would deteroriate and separate from the cardboard or hardboard backing. It happened to a 1975 Chevrolet Nova Custom that I bought new. The foam would just crumble away.

I guess the OP does not appreciate or care about the information and link I posted in an effort to help them.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

You are most welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts