GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Great Photos!

What I will NEVER understand is why people think it is cool to lower their cars to the point it scrapes the road.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Great Photos!

What I will NEVER understand is why people think it is cool to lower their cars to the point it scrapes the road.
Sweet mother of God...
Am I the only one who keeps his cars completely stock? Have fun going over speed bumps with those cars...
Some of those cars are probably just show cars. They are most likely equipped with air bags or hydraulics to raise and lower the car. Some people do build their cars as art than for driving.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Great Photos!

helps lower the center of gravity. this makes handling better and makes the car more agile. many high-end sports cars (i.e. corvette) should keep itself low to the ground as it helps improve airflow and drag co-efficiency.

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
But, it ruins the greatest thing a car can give you.....

The Ride!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
lol with fuel prices the National Guard had to switch from a Humvee to an Impala

·
Registered
785 Posts
But, it ruins the greatest thing a car can give you.....

The Ride!
I could sorta agree with that, it can make the ride a bit stiff and speedbumps and potholes are your worst enemy, but I'm sure most cars that go a bit low to the ground might drive well.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
lol with fuel prices the National Guard had to switch from a Humvee to an Impala
Meanwhile, the Hawaii Governor switches from a 04 Ford Expidition to a 08 Infiniti QX56.

"Gov. Linda Lingle will ride out the rest of her term in a luxury sport utility vehicle, after the state recently reached a new lease agreement on a 2008 Infiniti QX56 to replace her 2004 Ford Expedition.

Although the purchase of a vehicle that gets 12 mpg in city driving might seem questionable at a time of record-high gas prices, Chief of Staff Barry Fukunaga said it was more cost-effective overall.

The administration's first choice was a hybrid electric SUV, but the lease contract was put out for competitive bids and the monthly rate on the hybrid was about $500 higher than the $938 offered for the QX56."

http://starbulletin.com/2008/06/20/news/story02.html

I'm greatly disappointed she didn't insist on a Tahoe 2-Mode.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Great pictures. It confirms to me one thing. Lexus is really no different from other japanese cars. No prestige or distinctive styling.
Agreed. But the reality is, Toyota owns the island.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts